• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Some All ACC awards were just announced. Petros and Borna on first team, Bar on the second team.

The UVA coach was named coach of the year. I get that they don't want to give it to Bresky every year, but c'mon. The Deacs went undefeated in the ACC and won the ACC tourney. Bresky should have been coach of the year.

They can still change. Both the Big 10 and PAC 12 tournaments are going on this week.

Yes but looks like our Deacs will be either the #2 seed if OSU were to lose their tourney and likely #3 seed if OSU wins their tourney as Texas is done and don't see any Pac 12/Big 10 teams jumping us by winning their conf. tourney. Actually if OSU were to lose a close one in championship game I could still see them staying @ #2 since they beat us earlier in the year albeit on their home courts.

Yes but looks like our Deacs will be either the #2 seed if OSU were to lose their tourney and likely #3 seed if OSU wins their tourney as Texas is done and don't see any Pac 12/Big 10 teams jumping us by winning their conf. tourney. Actually if OSU were to lose a close one in championship game I could still see them staying @ #2 since they beat us earlier in the year albeit on their home courts.

It's all done by computers. It looks to me like if OSU wins the big 10, we will be the 3 seed, if OSU loses to Illinios we will be the 3 seed, but if OSU loses to Michigan we will be the 1 seed.

Some All ACC awards were just announced. Petros and Borna on first team, Bar on the second team.

The UVA coach was named coach of the year. I get that they don't want to give it to Bresky every year, but c'mon. The Deacs went undefeated in the ACC and won the ACC tourney. Bresky should have been coach of the year.

generally speaking, COY awards are given based on bad criteria

they are effectively overachieving team of the year awards

generally speaking, COY awards are given based on bad criteria

they are effectively overachieving team of the year awards

If the UVA coach resuscitated their program and overwhelmingly exceeded expectations, then I don't have a problem with the choice. That's obviously not the case here, however.

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - All We Do Is Win, Again, ACC Tournament Champs!

Who are the projected

#1, 2, 3, 4 seeds?

I think it will be OSU, Texas, Wake, and then UF.

It is worth noting that JJ Wolf lost to Michigan.

This team has what it takes to repeat. Would be legendary. Go Deacs!

The NCAA selection show for men (6 pm) and women (630 pm) will be tonight on the NCAA.com site. I think the men will be the 3 seed overall and them women 22.

#4 overall seed. On OSU's side of the bracket. First seed would be Texas A and M

Also means we’ll probably have to go through UVA yet again. Just an unfortunate result because our 1 didn’t play against Florida.

I thought it was all done by computers. How did Florida pass us after losing to a Tennessee team not in the top 10?

We lost 3 matches all year, to the #1, #3 and #5. And we end up with the #4 seed?

Last edited:
They can't stand having Wake upset their traditional powers so they have to make it as difficult for us as possible without ignoring the obvious.

Back