• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Tennis 2019 - Men ACC Reg Season & Tourn Champs, NCAA & Indoor Runner Up

Not sure what that’s all about - by pretty much any measure Wake should be the 2 or 3 overall seed. We did lose at UF (without Gojo), which I guess is why they seeded UF higher than Wake.

No problem, this Wake team knows how to win, and they’ll have to beat OSU and some other tough teams to win it all anyway.

The men’s team cleaned house at the Black and Golden Globes tonight:

Moment of the year - Botzer
Male athlete of the year - Petros
Male team of the year
Coach of the year
Assistant coach of the year - Eaton

The women got screwed having to go to Georgia second year in a row with them being the number one team in the nation

The women got screwed having to go to Georgia second year in a row with them being the number one team in the nation

Agreed. The #32, not #22, team should be in Athens.

Explain how Petros is not a top 1-8 seed?

It shows him as a 9-16 seed.

Anyone know what schools were represented on the selection committee?

They screwed us coming and going on this thing. I look forward to seeing Bresky running around the courts at Orlando soaked in gatorade telling them all to stuff it!

They screwed us coming and going on this thing. I look forward to seeing Bresky running around the courts at Orlando soaked in gatorade telling them all to stuff it!

No doubt! You would think the defending champs would be shown some respect. You lose to the #3 and #5 teams ON THE ROAD and lose to #1 at neutral site but clearly near OSU territory and win your last 14!!! Just absolute garbage that UF jumped us with a loss to Tenn in their tourney. Plus a way for them to limit ACC teams in final 4 so only one of WF and UVA can go.

Guessing limited ACC representation on that selection comm.

This Friday at 4 PM at the Wake Forest Tennis Center, rain or shine, Petros begins his last stand. If you haven't seen him play in person, you only have a limited number of opportunities to watch the GOAT compete for Wake Forest, and I highly suggest you attend Friday. If the Deacs were to win, they will play again Saturday, also at 4 PM at home.

This Friday at 4 PM at the Wake Forest Tennis Center, rain or shine, Petros begins his last stand. If you haven't seen him play in person, you only have a limited number of opportunities to watch the GOAT compete for Wake Forest, and I highly suggest you attend Friday. If the Deacs were to win, they will play again Saturday, also at 4 PM at home.

'When' the Deacs win, they will play again on Saturday.

'When' the Deacs win, they will play again on Saturday.

I would never put that in writing. As Michael Scott said, "I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious."

This is a royal ass whipping. We've dropped a combined 1 game out of the first 24 in singles.

Deacs with a comfortable 5-0 win. The match tomorrow against Kentucky will be much tougher.

Start time tomorrow has moved up to 3 pm.

5-0, awesome. I guess that only happened because the match ended simultaneously with the winning point on two different courts?

There was so much whining among the losing teams and fans about the Wake crowd at the NCAA tournament last year (starting with UNC's #1 after he lost to Gojo in the singles), this may be their idea of payback.

Last edited:
Probably in the minority, but Florida scares me more on a hot, neutral outdoor site like Orlando more than Ohio State. Don’t think the guys will complain too much about having to get through Kentucky and A&M at home to get to Orlando. UVA in the quarters would be interesting, fourth time we’d play them this year. Will be interesting to see how many top 16 hosts get upset in round 2, if any.

Now don’t get me started on Petros (Ranked top 8 all spring in ITA rankings, won ITA fall tournament and defending NCAA singles champ) not getting a top 8 seed. That’s way more egregious than us being seeded 4th as a team.

There was so much whining among the losing teams and fans about the Wake crowd at the NCAA tournament last year (starting with UNC's #1 after he lost to Gojo in the singles), this may be their idea of payback.

Those crowds were so great - really large, and really loud. We need to host again.

Probably in the minority, but Florida scares me more on a hot, neutral outdoor site like Orlando more than Ohio State. Don’t think the guys will complain too much about having to get through Kentucky and A&M at home to get to Orlando. UVA in the quarters would be interesting, fourth time we’d play them this year. Will be interesting to see how many top 16 hosts get upset in round 2, if any.

Now don’t get me started on Petros (Ranked top 8 all spring in ITA rankings, won ITA fall tournament and defending NCAA singles champ) not getting a top 8 seed. That’s way more egregious than us being seeded 4th as a team.

Florida is good, but they often don’t show up in big matches, which they showed by losing to TN in the SEC tourney.

Petros is currently ranked 8. He gets hurt during the duel season by playing 2, but he doesn’t care because he’s all about the team. Still, he should have been one of the top 8 seeds.

Back