• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of pinball

02b66585a783496dd472993cb52b2359.jpg

I’m thinking of splurging on the first pinball machine in a couple months. If you could pick 5 to own, what would they be?

I’m thinking Dialed In for the first one. It’s the only machine in LA I can come close to one day having the high score, so that’s the one I find myself wanting to play non stop. Just a great game.

FIREBALL- GOAT

Three balls in play and a spinner....

The process of going through and getting a loan is a mess right now. So much red tape. If you have multiple income streams or anything that is even the smallest bit out of the ordinary the banks want to turn you inside out. It’s a joke. Add that to the rising mortgage rates and it’s not even worth buying right now if you can help it.

This article came across on the yahoo right now

63% of millennial homeowners regret buying home: survey

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/...ners-regret-buying-home-survey-213314873.html

You know what really sucks? The application to adopt a kid. Apparently you gotta sign and write a lot of stuff if you want a human to be legally signed over to you.

In 2003, I wrote a letter of recommendation for a former nanny-type woman who watched me and my sister when we were kids, just testifying to her character and shit, whatever, and it took 10 years (!) for them to get approved. But they eventually got a young girl from China. I mean, I guess I get it, and I think there were other things holding that up, like global political things, but still.

You know what really sucks? The application to adopt a kid. Apparently you gotta sign and write a lot of stuff if you want a human to be legally signed over to you.

Are y’all tryna adopt domestically or internationally?

domestically. we're applying through the same agency where my wife was adopted out of, actually. hoping the wait will be no longer than 18 months.

This is awesome. Hopefully you get a future 5 star QB and groom him for Wake from day 1, only to get investigated by the NCAA in 2038.

domestically. we're applying through the same agency where my wife was adopted out of, actually. hoping the wait will be no longer than 18 months.

best wishes for it all, dude

I have two adopted sisters, but they're internationally adopted

The process of going through and getting a loan is a mess right now. So much red tape. If you have multiple income streams or anything that is even the smallest bit out of the ordinary the banks want to turn you inside out. It’s a joke. Add that to the rising mortgage rates and it’s not even worth buying right now if you can help it.

Yep, its a pain. Due to my wife getting a new job recently (which is why were moving back to Winston) and me intending to transfer school districts this summer since we're moving, we had to do a bunch of financial gymnastics in order to get approved. Luckily we had enough cash to make up the difference.

However we just got our inspection completed, and there 2 or 3 major and bunch of minor issues, that the seller (its a complete flip) may or may not be fixing. So that's going to be fun to figure out. Oh and we're suppose to close in less than two weeks. Fun times!

V cool man. In my book, there aren't many more noble acts than adopting a child. Good luck.

It’s always amazing how hard you try not to have a kid as a young adult then when you actually want one how impossible it can be. We figured it was the best route over something like IVF.

Good luck. It's tough. Far more work and money than it should be, and some of it will leave you feeling sort of gross when you realize many agencies have turned it into a very profitable business. But none of that is the kid's fault. It's a broken process, but the real brokeness is in the parents who can't keep their child and the kid who doesn't have a home, so it's worth enduring the rest of the shit for sure.

Last edited:
Sheldon Adelson likely to die soon. Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back