• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tabari Hines to State

I'm sure he'll get a 'warm' welcome when he comes back to Winston-Salem

He should get a warm reception. He's an alum. He was an integral part of our Belk Bowl season especially our 2017 win vs. State. He had 8 catches, 139 yards, and 3 TDs in that game. He's one of the best players of the Clawson era.

Who is expected to be throwing him the ball this fall?

Redshirt Soph Matt McKay, Redshirt Freshamn Devin Leary, or sophomore transfer from FSU Bailey Hockman. The later two were Elite 11 finalist and really good prep prospects. Should be one of the best QB battles in the country as far as it being anyone’s guess who will be the starter and the talent competing. My money would be on Leary but new OCs and playcalling philosophy so who knows.

Redshirt Soph Matt McKay, Redshirt Freshamn Devin Leary, or sophomore transfer from FSU Bailey Hockman. The later two were Elite 11 finalist and really good prep prospects. Should be one of the best QB battles in the country as far as it being anyone’s guess who will be the starter and the talent competing. My money would be on Leary but new OCs and playcalling philosophy so who knows.

Is this another rebuilding year, or do we have to wait 6 games into the season before we really know again?

What’s the rule for this situation in terms of course credits? Does Tabari need to finish a grad degree from Oregon? Accumulate some minimum number of credits there? Or can he just take this semester off?

He should get a warm reception. He's an alum. He was an integral part of our Belk Bowl season especially our 2017 win vs. State. He had 8 catches, 139 yards, and 3 TDs in that game. He's one of the best players of the Clawson era.

He was a really good player at Wake, especially his last year. But I think the way he left rubbed teammates and coaches the wrong way. He threw shade at his teammates and his coaches in the press and social media. When he arrived at Oregon he said it was good to play with a QB that can make great throws and to play with coaches that supported him.

Is this another rebuilding year, or do we have to wait 6 games into the season before we really know again?

Depends on QB play obviously but defense should be much improved and offense will be worse. 7-8 win season again I’d think.

He was a really good player at Wake, especially his last year. But I think the way he left rubbed teammates and coaches the wrong way. He threw shade at his teammates and his coaches in the press and social media. When he arrived at Oregon he said it was good to play with a QB that can make great throws and to play with coaches that supported him.

Here’s what he said about the Oregon QB, "I’ve never been able to play with a quarterback of his caliber. He makes throws that I wouldn’t call risky, but are NFL type throws. It’s amazed me. It makes my job easier." This was coming off a record setting year with Wolford at Wake.

Here’s what he tweeted about the Oregon coaching, “When Your Coach Believes In You 100%, You’ll Be Surprise How Much That Does For Your Game”

So he said the top QB prospect in the upcoming draft was the best QB he had he opportunity to play with.

He talked like it was only the coaching staff and team that was holding him back and when he was at Oregon his true talent would shine. It seemed pretty low grade.

Yeah, Tabari strikes me as all about Tabari. I’m sure his teammates will love chatting him up after the game, but won’t refrain from lighting him up during it.

It didn't need to be said.

And throwing shade at Claw just seems stupid.

Yeah, there are so many better ways to say that. He should have just said, “He’s a great QB. I’m really looking forward to playing with him, and he can make some amazing throws.” Throwing shade at your previous QBs just isn’t necessary.

Back