• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tabari Hines to State

You all are as thin skinned as you accuse Tabari of being. One of our best players from 2017 graduated and moved on. It didn’t work out and now he’s finishing up his eligibility closer to home at a program where he’s needed.

You all are as thin skinned as you accuse Tabari of being. One of our best players from 2017 graduated and moved on. It didn’t work out and now he’s finishing up his eligibility closer to home at a program where he’s needed.

Wasn't he supposedly transferring somewhere closer to home when he originally left Wake?

The man is an egotistical liar, who transferred to a rival school in order to stick it Clawson and his teammates.

I already dislike pretty much all State (and UNC and Duke) players anyways, so now I get to really hate this clown.

Can't beat us straight up. So throw away a grad spot to pump out his brain on the Wake offense. Dick move.

needs to be like certain Premiere League soccer loan clauses -- he can transfer but can't play against a team that gave him a scholarship...

I know fat chance of happening -- best of luck to him except when playing the Deacs

Last edited:
Wow, Ph really reaching to defend what was pretty unmistakeably a slight at former coaches and teammates.

I don't wish the kid ill at all but nor can I find fault with any Wake players who are offended by the way TH handled himself since leaving WF.

Redshirt Soph Matt McKay, Redshirt Freshamn Devin Leary, or sophomore transfer from FSU Bailey Hockman. The later two were Elite 11 finalist and really good prep prospects. Should be one of the best QB battles in the country as far as it being anyone’s guess who will be the starter and the talent competing. My money would be on Leary but new OCs and playcalling philosophy so who knows.

the premier QB battle in the country is at Wake Forest my dude

This is the crux of what is wrong with 'Merica. Family or enemy. There is nothing in the middle. Sux. Will be rooting for him. His Oregon experience was shit.

Wow, Ph really reaching to defend what was pretty unmistakeably a slight at former coaches and teammates.

Yeah, this really isn't a hard concept to grasp. Players have transferred out of the Wake football program (fortunately, under Clawson there haven't been that many, but that's another story) and other programs, but they don't then publicly slight their former teammates and coaches. Hines did, which is why it rubbed his former teammates and coaches the wrong way. It's why it also rubs the fans the wrong way.

Imagine if a grad student transferred out of your program, and then made public comments such as, "It's great now to have a professor that supports me." Or, "This is the first time I've been around really smart people that are actually conducting meaningful research." You would probably feel a bit slighted.

At the time Hines decided to transfer, I thought it was a really bad decision, and I said so. He had to finish summer sessions at Wake, have minor surgery, recover, and then travel across the country and learn a completely new offense in a few weeks. Staying at Wake seemed like a much wiser decision at the time.

Meh, kids transfer these days and they say stupid shit about their old teams. We can shrug our shoulders and move on with our lives or we can spend our time being bitter and hateful. He had some nice moments at Wake that helped our team, good luck to the kid except when he plays Wake.

Meh, kids transfer these days and they say stupid shit about their old teams. We can shrug our shoulders and move on with our lives or we can spend our time being bitter and hateful. He had some nice moments at Wake that helped our team, good luck to the kid except when he plays Wake.

This is a good take. It's essentially how I feel, I was just trying to explain the comments about why he likely won't get a good reception when he comes back to play Wake.

He was a really good player at Wake, especially his last year. But I think the way he left rubbed teammates and coaches the wrong way. He threw shade at his teammates and his coaches in the press and social media. When he arrived at Oregon he said it was good to play with a QB that can make great throws and to play with coaches that supported him.

We'll always have the image of him watching the second half at App State in sweatpants after he didn't get the ball when he was wide-ass open downfield in the first half.

I don't wish the kid ill at all but nor can I find fault with any Wake players who are offended by the way TH handled himself since leaving WF.

Who are the Wake players who are offended? I think they’re less likely to be offended than the fans are.

This. What a weird fanbase.

Wasn't he supposedly transferring somewhere closer to home when he originally left Wake?

The man is an egotistical liar, who transferred to a rival school in order to stick it Clawson and his teammates.

I already dislike pretty much all State (and UNC and Duke) players anyways, so now I get to really hate this clown.

an egotistical liar?

You’re a weird one, billbraskyfan

agree. who gives a crap what he does. to each his own

I'm not offended. I thought it was a dick move I didn't really give it much thought after that. The only thing I care about is that we beat state and have a better season than them next year

Back