• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

Winthrop with another win. First in big South and undefeated in conference play. Shah's guy is doing well.

Let's hope OSU does something stupid and fires Holtmann. There's some chatter starting, but I'm skeptical OSU is that impatient with basketball.

Let's hope OSU does something stupid and fires Holtmann. There's some chatter starting, but I'm skeptical OSU is that impatient with basketball.

Maybe if we wait another year?

We all in favor of another year of Manning?

Some credit should be given to Manning and his staff for not allowing these kids to quit! These youngsters are playing hard every day and the staff is coaching.

I don't mean to state the obvious but we are in every game and we have good kids. Are guys go to class and are successful. I am glad Danny has established that culture here at Wake. I seriously will be shocked it the Wake administration turns there back on that.

I don't mean to state the obvious but we are in every game and we have good kids. Are guys go to class and are successful. I am glad Danny has established that culture here at Wake. I seriously will be shocked it the Wake administration turns there back on that.

If that's the standard of success for Wake Forest basketball then we should drop down to D2.

(I assume this is a troll).

1/10 on the parody attempt. Too late in the game and poorly executed. Do better. Be better.

PAT KELSEY
2012–13 Winthrop 14–17 6–10 5th (South)
2013–14 Winthrop 20–13 10–6 T–2nd (South)
2014–15 Winthrop 19–13 12–6 T–3rd
2015–16 Winthrop 23–9 13–5 T–1st
2016–17 Winthrop 26–7 15–3 T–1st NCAA Division I First Round
2017–18 Winthrop 19–12 12–6 T–2nd
2018–19 Winthrop 18–12 10–6 T–3rd
2019-20 Winthrop 14-7 8-0 1st

Too much Kelsey talk, not enough Matt McMahon talk. Eastern KY/Western NC roots. Young. About to lead his team to three straight NCAA tourneys.

He's definitely intriguing. He's done well this year after losing Ja, and Murray State has had a number of successful coaches over the years.

Too much Kelsey talk, not enough Matt McMahon talk. Eastern KY/Western NC roots. Young. About to lead his team to three straight NCAA tourneys.

Like McMahon, but a door knob (or even Danny Manning) could've coached Murray State to the NCAAs each of the last two years, with Ja Morant playing point against Ohio Valley competition... literally a man against boys.

While on the surface it seems impressive that Murray has a good record again this year without Morant, Murray State's schedule is ranked #353 in the country.... There are 353 D-1 teams. Murray has won 15 games this year, and 8 of them against are ranked #300 or below; those teams are functioning on a D-1 level in name only. Felt like WF played a below average OOC schedule, and WF played no one ranked 300 or below. Murray played one game this year against a top 100 opponent. Not saying McMahon shouldn't be considered (the fact that he saw something in Morant that no one else did checks a box for McMahon on its own), but like Kelsey, building up a good record against the wretched refuse of D-1 teams is a red flag.

Kelsey had his chance to jump and he blew it, and his stock has been dropping since. If we are unable to do any better than a Kelsey type, it better be for under $1 million like his UMASS deal with almost no penalty for firing him after Y2.

Back