• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

What? They are 11-7 and have lost to Penn and RI.

Last year, they were 12-6 at this point. The year before that they were 12-6. The previous year they were 11-7.

Not saying Oats is doing a bad job, but your assertion is off base.

An article I saw recently graded the new hires in MBB. Oats was given a C; Buzz Williams got a C-. Time will tell.

Whoa. I never compared UA to Dayton. My point was that the Tide doesn't have the b-ball history of other schools, including Wake, and that Oats may have jumped the gun. Even as bad as our last 10 years have been, our median Kenpom ranking since 1997 is still 2 places ahead of them.

You said KPs in the ~40s was perhaps the ceiling at Alabama.

Dayton is like top 5 right now.

That’s what I was comparing.

Agree that Bama isn’t a basketball school, but no reason they can’t be better.

An article I saw recently graded the new hires in MBB. Oats was given a C; Buzz Williams got a C-. Time will tell.

Who were the others?

You said KPs in the ~40s was perhaps the ceiling at Alabama.

Dayton is like top 5 right now.

That’s what I was comparing.

Agree that Bama isn’t a basketball school, but no reason they can’t be better.

Every time I think of Alabama basketball I can't help but think of WF-Bama in the second round in 1991

8 NBA players on the floor; Chris King was a MAN but unfortunately so were Latrell and Robert Horry

talk about the decline of college basketball - those two teams were outside the top ten and I'd roll with either of them right now, this year

forgive the tangent - at any rate I'd put Bama below UK, UT, probably Florida, maybe LSU in terms of ceiling within the SEC (that should still be higher than Dayton)

possible that Grant just had a bit of bad luck/bad timing at Bama (and that he's grown from the experience)

Musselman got an A+, Mike Young and Ron Hunter got A's. The article is at cbssports.com. Sorry, having trouble pasting link.

Ron Hunter gets an A?

CqIxFLb.png

Now after watching the Dayton video on how they use Obi Toppin, why wasn't Hoard used like that?

Is there a better talent waster in college basketball than danny manning?

Hoard, Chaundee and Sarr should have been enough to mold a .500 team or better.

Now after watching the Dayton video on how they use Obi Toppin, why wasn't Hoard used like that?

Those highlights make it even funnier that people actually argued he should have stayed and developed more under Manning.

Too bad Jaybone doesn’t think Hoard has a shot in the NBA.

It’s a shame the Blazers don’t have a G-League team in Vancouver, WA. They could be the Vancouver Bears or something.

Back