• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

How low is the bar for the next coach?

In 4 seasons of the Bzaster, Wake was 17-51 in conference games. That's 34 games under .500 and a winning percentage of .250.

Entering play tonight @ ND, Deacs are 26-73 in conference games under Manning. 47 games under .500 and a .263 winning percentage.

For the decade of 2010-2011 through 2019-2020, Deacs are a combined .43-124, or 81 games under .500 with 11 regular season games left to play + the 2020 ACC tourney.

I did notice Currie follows Forbes on twitter, so I guess he’s not off limits if it’s up to Currie.

Good gracious...another random dude. Barely over .500 and then Ja Morant shows up and he magically makes the tournament. So 4 years of HC experience and no P6 assistant experience is someone we should be talking about more than Pat Kelsey? No way. One thing he does have going for him is no Wake Forest ties... which is apparently a good thing to some on here. :rolleyes:

Murray State is 15-5 and 8-0 in conference without Ja Morant this year.

Murray State is 15-5 and 8-0 in conference without Ja Morant this year.

I think someone pointed out that they have the easiest schedule in the country this year. And as far as I can tell, he still has zero P6 recruiting experience.

In 4 seasons of the Bzaster, Wake was 17-51 in conference games. That's 34 games under .500 and a winning percentage of .250.

Entering play tonight @ ND, Deacs are 26-73 in conference games under Manning. 47 games under .500 and a .263 winning percentage.

For the decade of 2010-2011 through 2019-2020, Deacs are a combined .43-124, or 81 games under .500 with 11 regular season games left to play + the 2020 ACC tourney.

#culture :tard:

As stated previously, WF is sewing up the worst 10-year stretch in modern ACC history.

Fully expect Danny to lose out and "lead" our Deacs to another 20 loss season.

Losers lose.

Ohio Valley Conference is overall a better conference than the Big South, by far.

So what? I don't even know what that means anymore. And it doesn't change the fact that they statistically have the weakest schedule in the country.

UNCG with a nice win last night. 17-5 overall and 2nd in their league.

STEVE FORBES...

Currie needs to be following him.

2015–16 East Tennessee State 24–12 14–4 2nd
2016–17 East Tennessee State 27–8 14–4 T–1st
2017–18 East Tennessee State 25–9 14–4 2nd
2018–19 East Tennessee State 24–10 13–5 T–3rd

That has to be the worse 10 year record in ACC history. Averaging 4 wins/year and 12 losses over 10 years????

I honestly think you could hire anyone in the nation and tell them you want them to lose more than the last 10 years and they couldn't lose that much if they tried. Just a whole new level of incompetence starting with the admin and AD to allow such an abysmal product go on for so long. Just really hard to be this bad especially when considering WF's history of great players and tourney appearances before what will likely go down as the worse combination of coaches in ACC history.

Tough spot for Manning. Would have won again last night if Chaundee had played.

We have a potted hydrangea at the house that I have been following closely. It has really blossomed this year and I think it is ready to take the next step. I will volunteer to bring it and set it in the coaches seat for each home game. We may need volunteers to help transport it to away games. It only needs water and some sunlight. Maybe a little fertilizer every once in a while - pretty cheap compared to what we are paying for a similar level of service now.

Pros - Big $$ savings, no chance of getting a technical, brings color and beauty to the sidelines, environmentally responsible.
Cons - No adjustments at halftime, poor press conference performance, somewhat of a wallflower, will seasonally drop dead leaves everywhere.

Find it amazing the skill with which people can make a thread about themselves. I come here to read about Manning’s replacement and I get a story about scooter’s gardening.

Ohio Valley Conference is overall a better conference than the Big South, by far.

I took this on faith and originally believed your contention...but after a deeper dive, found out that the OVC is actually worse than the Big South.

I took this on faith and originally believed your contention...but after a deeper dive, found out that the OVC is actually worse than the Big South.

They are similarly bad, I think. Splitting hairs once you get that low in the conference rankings.

Back