• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

He has to lose ten of the last eleven, but I share your confidence in his ability to do that.
He has 11 losses right now so he needs to win three more regular-season conference games to avoid 20

Matt McMahon would be a whopping bucket of meh for me - similar to Kelsey but for sure a mile ahead of Ryan Odom, Deacs9394's choice last off season.

You came looking to read about his replacement? This thread is a complete waste of time at the moment. I'm still dropping in but it's a futile fustercluck at the moment.

Matt McMahon would be a whopping bucket of meh for me - similar to Kelsey but for sure a mile ahead of Ryan Odom, Deacs9394's choice last off season.

Touche. We all make mistakes, right? I mean you were convinced that Barnes wasn't that much better than Shaka at Texas. Curious if after another mediocre year for Shaka, are you still good with that assessment? Are you still up on him and down on Matta?

Shah's guy with another win 15 - 7 overall record, 9 - 0 in the big South.

Find it amazing the skill with which people can make a thread about themselves. I come here to read about Manning’s replacement and I get a story about scooter’s gardening.

The potted hydrangea story is the best thing that I have read about our basketball program. Keep em coming, Scooter.

We have a potted hydrangea at the house that I have been following closely. It has really blossomed this year and I think it is ready to take the next step. I will volunteer to bring it and set it in the coaches seat for each home game. We may need volunteers to help transport it to away games. It only needs water and some sunlight. Maybe a little fertilizer every once in a while - pretty cheap compared to what we are paying for a similar level of service now.

Pros - Big $$ savings, no chance of getting a technical, brings color and beauty to the sidelines, environmentally responsible.
Cons - No adjustments at halftime, poor press conference performance, somewhat of a wallflower, will seasonally drop dead leaves everywhere.

The important thing about the hydrangea, that inquiring people need to know, are its flowers pink, blue or both? Whether it is in the pink or crying the blues may influence its coaching decisions.

Touche. We all make mistakes, right? I mean you were convinced that Barnes wasn't that much better than Shaka at Texas. Curious if after another mediocre year for Shaka, are you still good with that assessment? Are you still up on him and down on Matta?

First, to be clear, I was talking about the end of Barne's Texas tenure, not his whole time there.

But, yes, agree that this year certainly reduces the appeal of Shaka in a pretty big way. A lot of people thought there was going to be an inflection point that did not happen and that has certainly had a big impact on the appeal of Shaka.

Matta is still not a knock out hire.

Big game for first place (the winner will be tied with Furman) in the SoCon tomorrow. The Fighting UNCG Wes Millers v. the Wily ETSU Steve Forbeses. The two teams played at UNCG on January 8 at UNCG, with ETSU winning by 7, but UNCG was banged up for that contest. UNCG is healthy now, and have not lost since the ETSU game (all but one of those wins by double digits).

Big game for first place (the winner will be tied with Furman) in the SoCon tomorrow. The Fighting UNCG Wes Millers v. the Wily ETSU Steve Forbeses. The two teams played at UNCG on January 8 at UNCG, with ETSU winning by 7, but UNCG was banged up for that contest. UNCG is healthy now, and have not lost since the ETSU game (all but one of those wins by double digits).

Currie should go to this game tomorrow and not Wake vs. Klempson

It is a shame that RJ was banhammered because I'd really like to hear his negative take on Wes Miller heading into this matchup.

It is a shame that RJ was banhammered because I'd really like to hear his negative take on Wes Miller heading into this matchup.

I really wonder what he might say.

{Not really, I've already read it 50 times.}

I would probably rather watch this than the Wake game.

Let the winning coach come on over and replace (DFL).

The important thing about the hydrangea, that inquiring people need to know, are its flowers pink, blue or both? Whether it is in the pink or crying the blues may influence its coaching decisions.

The other thing to remember is that hydrangeas need a ton of water. A couple of years ago the tears from wake fans would have kept our beautiful potted plant alive but it begs to be asked, are our eyes all cried out?

Missed that. What did he do?

Must have been someone else who started it since RJ only hits back.

Missed that. What did he do?

Must have been someone else who started it since RJ only hits back.

I've actually been emailing with RJ a little after we got into it a bit in the boards. We buried the hatchet and he mentioned he got banned from a spat on the tunnels. Apparently someone mentioned his real life businesses and he neg repped that guy with "maybe my guy will pay you a visit" in a very godfatheresque manner. RJ is definitely confrontational but i feel like it's mainly to elicit a response.

Back