• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

D'wan Mathis was cleared for practice at Georgia. He had surgery for a brain cyst months ago. He is was a 4 star QB recruit in 2019. Jamie has a lot more competition at Georgia than he would have if he had stayed at Wake.

Yeah, he's competing against a 4-star true early enrollee freshman and a 4-star RS freshman. I would think Mathis is probably a bit rusty though.

Yeah, he's competing against a 4-star true early enrollee freshman and a 4-star RS freshman. I would think Mathis is probably a bit rusty though.

There are actually four guys in the competition to be the UGA starting QB. Jamie Newman, D'wan Mathis, Carson Beck and Stetson Bennett.

Mathis is not yet cleared for contact, just non-contact practice activities.

Stetson Bennett is not competing for the starting job.

Georgia gave him a scholarship to come back. He was the backup last season. What is he competing for, if not starting QB? Is he moving to safety?

Charlie Strong joined Alabama's staff as a defensive consultant last week.

Kirby reportedly poached Saban's S&C coach today.

Charlie Strong joined Alabama's staff as a defensive consultant last week.

Kirby reportedly poached Saban's S&C coach today.

He's gonna be special teams coordinator for GA, according to what I read. Seems like an odd move for both sides.

Maybe UGA’s kicker won’t skip leg day before playing SC next year.

What a shitty list of QBs for the best conference in college football. Yikes.

Newman should have no shortage of publicity and attention for next season, at least.

Back