• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2019 College Football Thread ! LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS ! CLEMSON SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!

VT establishes a new rule that any players that enter the transfer portal are not welcome back. They’re gone.
They had 12 players enter the portal.
All is not good in Blacksburg.

VT establishes a new rule that any players that enter the transfer portal are not welcome back. They’re gone.

Yeah, just saw that. Tough to be alone on that rule.

Good recruiting class for the Vols and Fulmer can't help himself.

That was taken out of context. Fuente said it would be on a case-by-case basis.

Last edited:

That link doesn't work for me.

I'm going off of this story from the Daily Press (Norm Wood and David Teel are fantastic for them).

Also going off a couple of tweets from Norm which say: "After talking w/ few fellow reporters, it’s important Fuente’s comments about players exiting transfer portal/wanting to return to #Hokies are put into better context. He was saying while many players indeed won’t have opportunity to return to team, some may (case-by-case basis). | Let’s be honest. If scholarship 3rd team LB wanted to exit portal/return to #Hokies, Fuente’s response is likely, “Nope. We’re moving on, man,” but if Caleb Farley exited portal (he’s not in portal)/wanted to return - bring it on home, Caleb. Again,case-by-case...and common sense."

I'm going off of this story from the Daily Press (Norm Wood and David Teel are fantastic for them).

Also going off a couple of tweets from Norm which say: "After talking w/ few fellow reporters, it’s important Fuente’s comments about players exiting transfer portal/wanting to return to #Hokies are put into better context. He was saying while many players indeed won’t have opportunity to return to team, some may (case-by-case basis). | Let’s be honest. If scholarship 3rd team LB wanted to exit portal/return to #Hokies, Fuente’s response is likely, “Nope. We’re moving on, man,” but if Caleb Farley exited portal (he’s not in portal)/wanted to return - bring it on home, Caleb. Again,case-by-case...and common sense."

Still sounds like his policy is that if you enter the portal you are gone. The "context" is, if you are really good we will take you back.

Still sounds like his policy is that if you enter the portal you are gone. The "context" is, if you are really good we will take you back.

This is the same coach that met with Baylor a few weeks back? Nice.

In that case, Fuente should have just kept his mouth shut in the first place. Now he has one more thing to try to explain away to recruits.

I'm pretty sure dabo doesn't know the difference between and an X and O on the playsheet, but that guy knows how to relate to human beings, 17 year old athletes in particular. He is masterful at selling his vision and getting people to believe in him. In terms of being a coach to young athletes, he is the exact polar opposite of Jeffrey [Redacted].

Yeah, that's really not good. Tough to read. Obviously suspended indefinitely.

If they have the accuser on video saying it was consensual, it seems like it would be challenging for prosecutors to prove the recording was somehow coerced. Never seen that before in an alleged rape case.

Both teams will almost certainly have new starting quarterbacks. Travis Etienne TBD.

Back