• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake-Boston College Thread

Wakeforest22890

Snowpom
Reaction score
Wake ships up to Boston with a 4-0 record to face the 3-1 Eagles (lost at home to Kansas) in the Deacs’ ACC opener. BC beat VPI in their first game. Wake will be favored. I suspect in the 5.5 to 7.5 range to open.

Wake hasn’t been a 5+ point road ACC favorite since 2007 against Duke.

Thoughts on the line and this game in general?

Hot takes:

We're obviously going to be game planning for Dillon, and focused on him like we were last year. He'll get his yards, but it won't be enough.

The biggest difference between this game and last year is going to be our secondary. Teams have been throwing away from Bassey and we haven't heard his name a ton, a great compliment to him. I predict he has a big game and gets a pick against BC.

Our offense will dominate. The stats Kansas (who is not good) put up against this defense are exciting. Cade and Walker will run all over them, and they'll have no easier time against Sage and Scotty.

Wake wins by 17.

This is going to be a big test. Conference opener, on the road, possibly breaking into the rankings (?), against a program that has always been a pretty good measuring stick for us.

Seems have done a good job against the run since the USU game. Add T. Williams and the development of Francis, Bothroyd, Bergan, and other DL, we set up well to limit Dillon (within reason). We will try to put the game in the hand of A. Brown, which I like.

Newman vs. Brown is a great matchup for the deacs.

Still a scary game as far as I’m concerned. I’m still not completely comfortable with our run defense and our safety play is shaky at times.

I think it will be a tough game; on the road, BC is a tough, well coached team. Hope Newman stays healthy and doesn't try to do too much and get hurt. Walker/CBS, and the towering WR's should have good games and the D/Boogie will do their jobs. If Hinton gets to play, that will give some other options and could be difference maker.

I think Wake wins last year if Newman was in the game instead - no disrespect to Hartman, but I think Jamie's size, style of play, and decision making would've been the difference last year.

I think this game will come down to the lines. BC's got Brown and some big boys, and we've struggled in short yardage situations against everyone. If we can keep Brown under 150 and don't allow any 50+ yard pass plays I think we win.

Through 4 games of admittedly weak competition Sage has 30 catches for 484 yards and 5 TDs. Love what he’s shown so far this season.

Wake ships up to Boston with a 4-0 record to face the 3-1 Eagles (lost at home to Kansas) in the Deacs’ ACC opener. BC beat VPI in their first game. Wake will be favored. I suspect in the 5.5 to 7.5 range to open.

Wake hasn’t been a 5+ point road ACC favorite since 2007 against Duke.

Thoughts on the line and this game in general?

Thinking line is more like Wake -3. We’ll see if we are starting to get more respect in Vegas.

Through 4 games of admittedly weak competition Sage has 30 catches for 484 yards and 5 TDs. Love what he’s shown so far this season.

Agreed. Can't wait for Hinton to come back. With the emergence of K. Walker, this offense is fun to watch.

When Hinton is healthy, we should have Sarratt or Washington run slants on Hinton's side and send him on a go pattern 6-10 times per game. He will be open many times.

Yep line opens at -3. That’s not consistent with any of the usual metrics that mirror Vegas but just win baby.

We seem to play them better up there. That said, this is a season saving game for them.

Walker could go for 200 yrs against BC defense. Hopefully Clawson doesn't over complicate things.

That's the thing about college football. So far we have seen good emotion from the Deacs, and I expect that to continue. If we come out ready to play, we win unless we turn the ball over too many times. We are the better team.

Last time I went to the game at BC they had just joined the conference. We got tickets in the BC section so were surrounded by Eagle fans. They were nice enough (Irish Catholics are a fun group in general), but were clueless. "Where is Wake Forest? Illinois?" We lost that game on a last-minute fumble at the goal line. Depressing drive home. We stopped and got drunk at a hotel bar and stayed there for the night. Then the long drive home the next day. Well, nobody said being a Deacon fan was easy.

BTW, the BC stadium is odd. You are walking through a suburban neighborhood (Newton) and turn the corner and there is this enormous structure. It's like if you put a large football stadium in Scarsdale. Or Country Club Road.

For the 2017 game at BC I bought I think 18 tickets for like $6 apiece. Great outing. We handled them easily and got majorly hammered.

Back