• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

giphy.gif

Of course, in true WF fashion, we will go to the Pinstripe 6 months after I sold my house about 8 miles north of Yankee Stadium.

If I were planning to go, which I'm not as I have had enough of NY winters having spent 37 years there, I would stay in White Plains. It is a nice little town with lots of hotels. You walk to the train that takes you to the stadium. There are lots of good restaurants and bars. The hidden gem is a little Italian place called La Manda. The owner is Sly and he will treat you well. Tell him you are Kurt and Jill's friend. If you are flying, you can go into Westchester Airport, which is close by. Probably a $20 Uber ride.

Somebody on Tob said that they're already preparing the Wake vs Michigan State Graphics should Clemson win today

Bleh. Screw nyc

Need the commercial.

New York City? Try old el passo

Funny - I remembered it as El Paso too, but it was Pace.

You stay in Manhattan (east side) and take the 4 train to the stadium. Or if you're afraid of subways you call Uber.

please be thoughtful about the Uber drivers' sleep schedules though. Only call Ubers from 8am to 8pm.

Momentum really seems to be for NYC. Where do people stay for that trip? In the city? Or outside and commute in? If outside, where?

All the Xmas will still be up - visit bryant park, go skating, winter village, see the tree at the rock, storefronts will still be in full effect (Macy's, bloomingdale's, etc).

Would suggest staying somewhere in or close to manhattan - LIC, Brooklyn, Jersey City all easy trains in. You can flip to the 4 train from anywhere in the city, generally Financial District ends up being the cheapest decent hotels cause there isnt a ton to do down there, but easy to be able to do 1 World Trade or Statue if it isnt too cold.

No NY City

Momentum really seems to be for NYC. Where do people stay for that trip? In the city? Or outside and commute in? If outside, where?

prefer the Belk Bowl and maybe App State??/ That would be a wild crowd and much closer.

All the Xmas will still be up - visit bryant park, go skating, winter village, see the tree at the rock, storefronts will still be in full effect (Macy's, bloomingdale's, etc).

Would suggest staying somewhere in or close to manhattan - LIC, Brooklyn, Jersey City all easy trains in. You can flip to the 4 train from anywhere in the city, generally Financial District ends up being the cheapest decent hotels cause there isnt a ton to do down there, but easy to be able to do 1 World Trade or Statue if it isnt too cold.

This is good advice. When our kids were young, we stayed downtown a couple of times during the holiday season.

prefer the Belk Bowl and maybe App State??/ That would be a wild crowd and much closer.

No. Just no. App is a nothing opponent in an awful conference that we already play in the regular season next year. I want a real opponent from a real conference. We’ve played enough bowl games against non P5 teams.

Back