• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pinstripe Bowl vs Michigan State

The Pinstripe bowl is a night game*** on a Friday in Yankee stadium. Music City is an afternoon game (5:00) on a Monday, Sun Bowl is 1:00 on a Tuesday, and the Belk Bowl is noon on a Tuesday. (all times EST)

Gimme the Pinstripe all day, and I say that as someone who lives in the Music City, and REALLY does not want to hear cowbells again.

Im also fine watching us beat up on Michigan State, down or not.

***ETA: The Pinstripe bowl is actually at 3:20

Last edited:
MSU was outscored 144-17 by ranked opponents this year on its way to a 6-6 record.

Their wins this year are against Tulsa, Western Michigan, Northwestern, Indiana, Rutgers, and Maryland.

Speaking selfishly, Pinstripe would be difficult to watch the full game since I'll be driving home from DC that day and I don't really want to listen to it on the radio and I have bad self control to check Twitter and the boards if I were to DVR it. Would attend Nashville or Charlotte and the Sun Bowl would be fun to watch since I have NYE off.

He's still recovering from Saturday. As a Michigan and Wake fan, I'm surprised he's still with us.

Louisville is taking a unique approach to selling bowl tickets. They've essentially "rated" their bowl destinations and are preselling bowl tickets at various discounted prices vs regular price. Highlights of below (I'm only including our potential destinations). Unsurprisingly the Sun Bowl allotment is being offered at the largest discount. I haven't seen (or maybe I just didn't notice) any communication from Wake on our bowl tickets.

Music City Bowl - 10% off
Belk Bowl - 20% off
Pinstripe Bowl - 20% off
Gator Bowl - 20% off
Sun Bowl - 30% off

Link: https://gocards.com/sports/2019/11/9/louisville-football-bowl-pricing.aspx?

We got a survey asking us which bowls we'd be interested in attending. I'm sure the results are somehow being used as a selling point for bowls.

Just a follow up on Wake's bowl ticket sales. Right now they aren't preselling bowl tickets to the general public. They have a Bowl Central page where you can "sign up to request bowl information" ----> https://admin.godeacs.com/feature/bowlcentral2019

Season ticketholders can log into their account and fill out the bowl request form (essentially includes all bowls and all price levels, you can select only the option you want and only get charged if we end up going to that particular bowl). FWIW Sun Bowl Lower Level Midfield tickets are $57, Lower Level Sideline are $47 (Louisville preselling those at the 30% discounted $40 and $33 respectively).

https://ev12.evenue.net/www/ev_wfu/ss/evenue/?p=1#MyAccount?siteId=ev_wfu&locale=en_US&linkID=wfu

Louisville is taking a unique approach to selling bowl tickets. They've essentially "rated" their bowl destinations and are preselling bowl tickets at various discounted prices vs regular price. Highlights of below (I'm only including our potential destinations). Unsurprisingly the Sun Bowl allotment is being offered at the largest discount. I haven't seen (or maybe I just didn't notice) any communication from Wake on our bowl tickets.

Music City Bowl - 10% off
Belk Bowl - 20% off
Pinstripe Bowl - 20% off
Gator Bowl - 20% off
Sun Bowl - 30% off

Link: https://gocards.com/sports/2019/11/9/louisville-football-bowl-pricing.aspx?

That's a great idea to reward the fans. Also, clicking on that link and checking out the bowl prices, the Sun Bowl, Independence Bowl and Birmingham Bowl are the only "reasonably" priced bowl tickets in the entire lot. Some of those other games are asking insane prices for meaningless exhibition games. No wonder schools/conferences annually take a bath on their bowl ticket requirements.

Per Les’s Twitter, Giglio now has us in the Pinstripe. I recollect he has been as accurate as anyone the past few years.

Kudos to Currie and staff for lobbying us out of El Paso. They really don’t want Biff to be right.

Back