• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

I would love for us to host Gameday but I can't see them doing it with us playing a mediocre opponent in State. I could definitely see them going to Clemson this year, or to W-S next year for the Clemson game if we're still good. An alternative could be the ND game in Charlotte which I guess would technically qualify as us hosting.

This board is bi-polar... Enough with the Gameday bullshit.

I'll go with a 3:30pm kickoff on ABC/ESPN for the State game.

People, there is no chance in hell a) Gameday even considers Wake for the State game or b) State/Wake is a 3:30 kick on any major network. This game has noon ACCN kick written all over it. State is horrible.

People, there is no chance in hell a) Gameday even considers Wake for the State game or b) State/Wake is a 3:30 kick on any major network. This game has noon ACCN kick written all over it. State is horrible.

It’s not happening in a vacuum. There are some bad games in conference and nationally and networks have space to fill.

Anybody that thinks we'll see the same State team that lost to BC Saturday is dreaming. State has a bye this week too and because of the last 2 years will be motivated against us.

Anybody that thinks we'll see the same State team that lost to BC Saturday is dreaming. State has a bye this week too and because of the last 2 years will be motivated against us.

What about the same State team that lost to FSU by 18 and a bad WVU team by 17? State is really bad and anything less than a double digit win will be disappointing (especially assuming Newman plays).

tickets starting at 55 dollars on the WF ticket site? Seriously, Currie? That's highway robbery.

tickets starting at 55 dollars on the WF ticket site? Seriously, Currie? That's highway robbery.

Is it? Have you seen what State is charging for their next two home games that aren’t sold out? Louisville is $50-60, and you can buy advanced tickets to unc for $85+. It’s a weird meme this year on here that people are realizing that college football inflation exists.

What about the same State team that lost to FSU by 18 and a bad WVU team by 17? State is really bad and anything less than a double digit win will be disappointing (especially assuming Newman plays).

Keep thinking that, but don't be surprised when it's a tight game. I hope we win and win impressively, I've just been a Wake fan too long to ever expect that in these situations. State isn't as close to as bad as some of the pre-Cutcliffe Duke teams that rolled in here and always gave us fits, even in 2006.

Tabari Hinds has 21 receptions for NC State this year - their 3rd leading receiver. Looks like he has tailed off though, 4 catches for 17 yards in his last two games.

He also has 2 carries for 43 yards. My gameday guarantee is that NC State gives Tabari one end-around/jet sweep in our game ... he's gained 34 and 9 yards on his two carries.

Glad he's having a pretty good swan song. This is his sixth year of college football - he played the first 4 games in Oregon last year and I think even caught a TD pass in a blowout but then was buried in the depth chart and left to retain his eligibility. I don't think you can make a career out of college football, so hope he is getting degrees, etc...

Last edited:
Regardless of what State has done leading up to this game, its still an in-state "rivalry" game. Those are always close. It will be a tight game.

How can it be his 6th year when he was a true freshman at wake in 2015?

Regardless of what State has done leading up to this game, its still an in-state "rivalry" game. Those are always close. It will be a tight game.

That Duke game sure was close last year. We're the much better team. It shouldn't be close vs. State.

People are crazy if they think this is an automatic win much less a blow out. We haven’t blown out teams we could have so far this season. State is always a weird game often the better team loses. You could count on home team winners the last several years but that went out the window last year. I have no idea what to expect but no way state lays down on us. We will need to play better for four quarters than we have been.

That Duke game sure was close last year. We're the much better team. It shouldn't be close vs. State.

Yeah, let's point to one game to show that despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, we're going to roll over State.

Let's just hope we end our off-week woes!

I don't necessarily think we will blow State out, but I'm saying we should. Hell, we should have beaten FSU by much more with the way they played. 6 trips to the red zone and win the TO battle by 2 at home should have easily resulted in a double digit win.

I don't necessarily think we will blow State out, but I'm saying we should. Hell, we should have beaten FSU by much more with the way they played. 6 trips to the red zone and win the TO battle by 2 at home should have easily resulted in a double digit win.

You know how many times when Wake should've done this or that, and we haven't, in football and basketball? I do, too freaking many times. I'll take a win, any win over State, I don't care about style points. I think it will be a dog fight and will be thrilled if proven wrong.

Back