• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

I would love for us to host Gameday but I can't see them doing it with us playing a mediocre opponent in State. I could definitely see them going to Clemson this year, or to W-S next year for the Clemson game if we're still good. An alternative could be the ND game in Charlotte which I guess would technically qualify as us hosting.

If they come to that game and say Wake has now "hosted" gameday that will be some BS

FWIW, 538 percentages for WF football:

71% chance to beat NC State
3% chance to win the ACC
1% chance to win out, including the ACC title game.
If WF does win out, 78% chance to make the BCS playoff.

So, the Deacs have an 0.78% chance to make the BCS playoff!

One thing I'm certain about. The players don't think State will be playing poorly or laying down. The Louisville game dealt such notions a big blow. I would think the vast majority of fans would have figured out the same reality already. A vast majority of fans on WF boards kept referencing how Louisville would be in the throes of rebuilding and wouldn't be too good this year. We saw what happened to that prognostication. Louisville was good enough (with some help) to beat the Deacs at home. If WF beats State it will not be by more than a TD more or less. State is not a bad team by WF standards just as Louisville is not a bad team by WF standards.

3% chance to win the ACC

So there's a chance!

Does anyone know the staus of State's OL injuries? They have both starting tackles and a blocking TE out. Just wondering if season ending-type or may be back with week off?

3% chance to win the ACC

That 78% is encouraging. Better odds that I would have thought of a one-loss ACC team who started the season unranked making it.

At least we won't here the excuse- well I had to leave at halftime to put my 10 year old to bed at 9 o'clock Geez

Today, 01:28 PM#70

80deacon 

A.W. HamiltonJoin Date

Yep, but, "couldn't get the kids all up and ready that early" now....😊

fear us. our 1st good performance of the season will come any week now

Does anyone know the staus of State's OL injuries? They have both starting tackles and a blocking TE out. Just wondering if season ending-type or may be back with week off?

I read they were without 9 of 22 starters against BC. Not sure of the severity of any injuries.

That 78% is encouraging. Better odds that I would have thought of a one-loss ACC team who started the season unranked making it.

Agree. Not like it's going to matter, but have hard time envisioning a scenario with a one-loss WF team, even with a win over Clemson and an ACC title making the BCS playoff.

The SEC champion would be in. The Big 10 Champ unless that team has two losses is in and then WF would need no more than two other teams with the following.

- All SEC teams other than the champion would have to have 2+ losses (and even with 2 losses not sure if WF would make it over a two loss Auburn team with wins over Oregon and either Bama or LSU or an LSU, Florida or UGA team with two losess),
- The loser of the Penn State v. tOSU game would need another loss,
- Oregon would need to lose again, and
- ND and OU would need to lose at least two

Seems like the chances of all that happening are less than 78%.

As an out of towner that can’t make it to the game I’m okay with earlier starts.

I don't think we've played particularly well (up to our potential) in any full game this year. 1st quarter/half against UNC or Duke last year was what that looks like.

I don't think we've played particularly well (up to our potential) in any full game this year. 1st quarter/half against UNC or Duke last year was what that looks like.

I agree we have not had a complete game up to our full potential, and the first half against UNC was the best half of football we have played. I also think Dave calls games based on what he thinks is going to give us the best chance of winning, period. And we're 6-1 with our two easiest conference games (maybe three) remaining.

We won 6 games in 2014 and 2015 combined. We're 6-1 and nationally ranked. But yes, maybe we'll have a "good performance" at some point.

tintin is a wuffie and they have not had a good performance yet this year

Wake has a 0% chance to make the BCS playoff.

Wake will open what, -5.5 or -6.5 over State? I expect a relatively close one but Wake is the better team right now (and overall).

Back