• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Game Time - Noon ESPN

That was just a bad joke on my part since there is no BCS anymore.

If we win out we still have a decent shot of making the playoff.

I don't think we've played particularly well (up to our potential) in any full game this year. 1st quarter/half against UNC or Duke last year was what that looks like.

I would love to see us have a convincing win this year. It is time for Ruggerio to stop having brain farts inside the redzone, and call a better game. Would be great to beat the Wolfpack by 14 points.

ESPN? Not 2, +, the U or the Ocho?

I think we are underselling the program rep value of being on the primary ESPN channel immediately following Gameday— not an ESPN fringe network. When was the last time we were on regular ESPN at home? On the other hand that might backfire with a poor crowd and all the red on the visitors side, which are most of the tv shots.

One thing I'm certain about. The players don't think State will be playing poorly or laying down. The Louisville game dealt such notions a big blow. I would think the vast majority of fans would have figured out the same reality already. A vast majority of fans on WF boards kept referencing how Louisville would be in the throes of rebuilding and wouldn't be too good this year. We saw what happened to that prognostication. Louisville was good enough (with some help) to beat the Deacs at home. If WF beats State it will not be by more than a TD more or less. State is not a bad team by WF standards just as Louisville is not a bad team by WF standards.
While I totally in principle agree with Assured, I still consider Looievulle as the game a lot of us were projecting as "...losing one game we shouldn't have" in projecting our post-BC record.
Irregardless of what our players may or may not have been thinking, that game was an upset.

Last edited:
From Packpride on the noon game time:
"Good. I always hated having to wait till Dad got home from work to get the belt"

I would love to see us have a convincing win this year. It is time for Ruggerio to stop having brain farts inside the redzone, and call a better game. Would be great to beat the Wolfpack by 14 points.

14 points........or more

Does anyone know the staus of State's OL injuries? They have both starting tackles and a blocking TE out. Just wondering if season ending-type or may be back with week off?

TE Autenrieth is out for the season
T Witt has missed two games and is currently questionable for us
CB McCloud has missed two games and is currently questionable
CB Palmer is out for the season
RB Person Jr. has missed two games and is currently questionable

Does anyone know the staus of State's OL injuries? They have both starting tackles and a blocking TE out. Just wondering if season ending-type or may be back with week off?

My understanding is the tight end is out for the season. Not sure about the tackles. Also on options 5,6,7 at corner, I read. State lost a lot of players from last year's team to eligibility but also has had significant injuries.

I think we are underselling the program rep value of being on the primary ESPN channel immediately following Gameday— not an ESPN fringe network. When was the last time we were on regular ESPN at home? On the other hand that might backfire with a poor crowd and all the red on the visitors side, which are most of the tv shots.

UNC game

I was actually thinking about going to this game but would need to stay Saturday night. Can't find suitable lodging. Oh well.

Oh man, how wrong was BKF? That dude predicted Clawson failure and said we'd never be a perennial bowl team.

From Packpride on the noon game time:
"Good. I always hated having to wait till Dad got home from work to get the belt"

Another: "I would feel better about this game if it wasn't in Winston and was against an FCS team."

Back