• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah well Watson has to approve the destination for the trade to happen. Miami could happen, no chance he willingly goes to NY.

Saleh was a good hire, they have the draft capital, they have the cap room, they finally have a decent GM, and he'd be the biggest star in the biggest city since Namath and could maximize his non-football earning potential. They won't be great next year, but if I were him, anywhere is better than Houston. Ever since Rick Smith left, they have been the worst run team in the league, and they're poised to have the worst record in the league next year. The 3 teams with the draft capital and cap space are NYJ, Mia and Jax. Jax is taking Lawrence. The other thing they could do is trade Watson for another QB straight up or with a pick or 2. I'm sure LAR would do that in a heartbeat, but who else wants Goff. If I'm Eric Decosta, I'd certainly consider trading LJ8 and Roman for Watson.

Don’t know why anyone would even listen to Ian Rapport, betting markets say no way to the Panthers.

I don't see Tepper consulting with his stars on GM hiring, or reacting well to that demand. The NFL may become the NBA, but it won't be through Carolina.

Betting markets said no way to Joe Biden as well

The line kept pushing to Trump to get more money on the other side. The trump nutters kept pouring in bets regardless of the line/reality/etc so it was pretty distorted.

Anyway...carry on

I don't see Tepper consulting with his stars on GM hiring, or reacting well to that demand. The NFL may become the NBA, but it won't be through Carolina.

LOL. You consult with a star QB about hirings. That’s just good business.

The line kept pushing to Trump to get more money on the other side. The trump nutters kept pouring in bets regardless of the line/reality/etc so it was pretty distorted.

Anyway...carry on

I was referring to his odds during the democratic primaries

Tepper wants Watson very badly , if he does become available and is willing to throw whatever he has to throw at the Texans to make it happen. He knows to win you have to have a stud/cornerstone at QB. And yes, I have this on extremely good authority. As good as it gets.

Tepper wants Watson very badly , if he does become available and is willing to throw whatever he has to throw at the Texans to make it happen. He knows to win you have to have a stud/cornerstone at QB. And yes, I have this on extremely good authority. As good as it gets.

Haha I like this. Sounds like you just had lunch with him

Haha I like this. Sounds like you just had lunch with him

I guess Tepper just slid into Richardson’s weekly Monday lunch with guitardeac.

So according to this, if he does want out we are getting him. That’s my definition of “whatever he has to throw.” I.e., he’s not going to be outbid. Getcha popcorn ready.

the washington football team interviewing hurney for GM lol

Oh good, Dave read my instagram comments informing @Panthers that Deshaun Watson is a very good quarterback and worth it.

the washington football team interviewing hurney for GM lol

we thought the bills & the giants were the panthers of the north, but if hurney & rivera join forces again, they'll take the crown.

“What the Panthers lack in draft picks they could try to make up for by sweetening the deal by including a proven player. It would have to be someone substantial: Think All-Pro running back Christian McCaffrey or edge rusher Brian Burns, plus this year’s first, a future first and probably a second for good measure.”

What would the Panthers give up for Deshaun Watson? It’s worth finding out https://theathletic.com/2330277/2021/01/18/deshaun-watson-panthers-quarterback-option/

I don’t think that’s nearly enough.

I would hate to see CMC traded but RB is probably the easiest position to replace so I would eventually accept it. Trading Burns tho...I would hate and disagree with it.

Tier 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back