• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way this team wins the division is because the other teams' QB eventually die and we go 10-6. I don't see that happening next year.

There’s going to be a lot of quarterback turnover in the NFC South in the next 2 seasons -Brady & Brees both likely retired and Matt Ryan playing somewhere else. I’d prefer to win the division with a reliable veteran player while everyone else is looking for a new QB.

2020 Carolina Panthers - Panthers 20, Lions 0

Teddy B is a first round QB in only his 3rd season as a starter almost solely due to injury. He made the Pro Bowl in his last season as a starter. He just turned 28 a few weeks ago. It’s easy to forget that. He could definitely be our long term QB.

Well, I hope he gets better than he has been. The contract was structured with the 2-year out because they knew he might not be the long term solution. The offense is clunky as hell and he's supposed to be Brady's guy. We're going to go 6-10 this year (1 game better than last year) and if they improve they'll be competing for a wild card at 10-6. This team is not going 13-3 next year. What worries me is they improve just enough to lock Teddy the game manager up for a few more years instead of moving on to a guy who can really throw the ball.

Well, I hope he gets better than he has been. The contract was structured with the 2-year out because they knew he might not be the long term solution. The offense is clunky as hell and he's supposed to be Brady's guy. We're going to go 6-10 this year (1 game better than last year) and if they improve they'll be competing for a wild card at 10-6. This team is not going 13-3 next year. What worries me is they improve just enough to lock Teddy the game manager up for a few more years instead of moving on to a guy who can really throw the ball.

Agreed. Teddy would be fine with the 2013 team or the 2000 Ravens, but he's not going to win you many games on his own.

For the record, Bridgewater played in the Pro Bowl after Cam, Rodgers, and Palmer declined. He threw 14 TD passes that year (26th in the league, 5 fewer than Brian Hoyer), 9 interceptions (22nd), 3,321 yards (22nd), with an 88.7 rating (22nd), 57.5 QBR (18th), and 5.70 ANY/A (28th). This year, he ranks as high as 13th and as low as 21st in those categories. I'd say that gives a pretty accurate picture of his ability, somewhere in the middle of the 3rd quartile of starting QB's.

Teddy B is a first round QB in only his 3rd season as a starter almost solely due to injury. He made the Pro Bowl in his last season as a starter. He just turned 28 a few weeks ago. It’s easy to forget that. He could definitely be our long term QB.

nah dude nah

There’s going to be a lot of quarterback turnover in the NFC South in the next 2 seasons -Brady & Brees both likely retired and Matt Ryan playing somewhere else. I’d prefer to win the division with a reliable veteran player while everyone else is looking for a new QB.

Brees is done after this year. I think Brady plays at least 1 more year, maybe 2. The trouble with Ryan is his contract - makes him currently untradable. And they're not bad enough to land Fields or Lawrence. If you're going to have Ryan another year or 2, it do you still take a Wilson, Lance or Trask when you have so many other holes? But yeah, it's certainly possible none of the NFCS teams have the same starting QB in 3-4 years.

Maybe we go for Rodgers in 2022?

I think he might be available this offseason. I know there is a cap hit to a potential trade, but after what they did in the draft taking Love and not addressing their run D, I don't think GB is a viable SB contender. I think the more logical landing for him is Indy. GB will want him out of the NFC, and Indy will be done with what little is left of Rivers arm.

Week 15 game vs. Packers scheduled for Saturday night, December 19 at 8:15 on NFL Network.

I don't understand that penalty. The PR didn't call a fair catch, caught the ball, and Cannon made a clean tackle. Bad call.

FEAR THE JEREMY CHINN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back