• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Non-Political Coronavirus Thread

Fuck. We gave her a rapid test on Sunday night and she was negative so she went to daycare on Monday.

Was told by my daughter's pediatrician that Omicron is giving a lot of false negatives in the first few days. Days 3-5 are better, but I get it-- negative test so send her to school. It's not easy to swirl a q-tip in a kid's nose for any length of time either. We tested our daughter on day 1 or 2, negative, and on day 10 before sending her back to school, also negative. In the meantime, my wife got sick the day after my kid started getting sick and the wife was positive.

Best wishes to all of you with family members susceptible or struggling right now.

Good luck, man. I am in the same boat.

My 10 year old fell asleep in our bed watching Stranger Things with me on Sat night. Yesterday afternoon she tested positive with a very faint line on the Binax Now test. This morning her home test was screaming positive. I don't have symptoms yet but haven't received my booster yet (was holding out for Moderna in my area after getting the Phizer originally) so I am technically supposed to stay home from work for 5 days. Luckily I can technically work from home but with just 1 million more distractions.

Why is it hard to get a Moderna booster where you are ? I just pulled up to the shot place and said "Gimme a Moderna !" like I was ordering a beer.

Why is it hard to get a Moderna booster where you are ? I just pulled up to the shot place and said "Gimme a Moderna !" like I was ordering a beer.

It was weird. You could choose one or the other online or via app, but available scheduling for Moderna was not available until this week. Supply chain of some sort I�m sure. Phizer was readily available. I should have gone with that instead of waiting for cross boosting. Bird in hand and all of that�

I didn’t even consider choosing the flavor of my booster, I just walked into CVS and took whatever, but I totes got that Moderna bitc

Was told by my daughter's pediatrician that Omicron is giving a lot of false negatives in the first few days. Days 3-5 are better, but I get it-- negative test so send her to school. It's not easy to swirl a q-tip in a kid's nose for any length of time either. We tested our daughter on day 1 or 2, negative, and on day 10 before sending her back to school, also negative. In the meantime, my wife got sick the day after my kid started getting sick and the wife was positive.

Best wishes to all of you with family members susceptible or struggling right now.

Yea, always test day 4/5 after exposure.

my boss' first grader just tested positive for Covid -- he's vaxxed and was positive with Covid in the fall too

known a few twice-positive folks, but this is easily the shortest amount of time between positive tests that I've heard about, ~5 months apart

everyone else was more than a year

my boss' first grader just tested positive for Covid -- he's vaxxed and was positive with Covid in the fall too

known a few twice-positive folks, but this is easily the shortest amount of time between positive tests that I've heard about, ~5 months apart

everyone else was more than a year

was he symptomatic this time too?

sounds like very mild first time and not sure about symptoms this time

tested because they were about to travel, not because of symptoms

Back