• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

You are talking about looking at the taxes for millions of people. Even being computerized, it will have to be verified. That takes time and man/hours.

The fuck man. The fuck. No it won’t. It is electronic. You won’t need to manually audit millions of returns to figure it out.

The fuck man. The fuck. No it won’t. It is electronic. You won’t need to manually audit millions of returns to figure it out.

You're so right. no one will call in, email or correspond in any way if the IRS or other Feds demand a recoupment of monies sent to them. Millions of people will just smile and give the money back without any hiccups.

I realize that if I say "today is Friday", you'll dispute. Just once wouldn't it make a little sense to actually think about what I say rather than that I said it? Of curse it wouldn't, because everything I say HAS to be wrong and you'll get back-up from other haters.

I am a perennial optimist everywhere else in my life, but not here. You and others have proven that you'd rather be assholes than try to be civil or think if the it's about me.

You are talking about looking at the taxes for millions of people. Even being computerized, it will have to be verified. That takes time and man/hours.

But it won’t take time on the front end? Isn’t that what everyone is arguing here? In theory, we shouldn’t have as much urgency on the backend.

You're so right. no one will call in, email or correspond in any way if the IRS or other Feds demand a recoupment of monies sent to them. Millions of people will just smile and give the money back without any hiccups.

I realize that if I say "today is Friday", you'll dispute. Just once wouldn't it make a little sense to actually think about what I say rather than that I said it? Of curse it wouldn't, because everything I say HAS to be wrong and you'll get back-up from other haters.

I am a perennial optimist everywhere else in my life, but not here. You and others have proven that you'd rather be assholes than try to be civil or think if the it's about me.

RJ. You are wrong. It is very simple for the IRS to add a line to the bottom of the tax return to receive the money they send to high income earners back. The IRS doesn't need to call people to do it.

Fine man, do it your way. All I was trying to do was disagree with your opinion on that being a major concern. I don’t think it will be a huge problem. No more onerous or fraught with potential abuse than any number of fudgeable tax documents, and this would be even easier to automate. There’s nowhere to hide - if your AGI > $x then credit should not be taken. Or whatever. Send out auto CP-2000 letters to the fakers.

You’re too preoccupied with what you think people think of you. I’d almost say you’re using it as a crutch to avoid genuine discussion and defense of your opinions but I won’t go that far.

Won’t let me edit, but I mean tax positions, not tax documents. Things like home office, charitable contributions, you name it. All are tons easier to fudge than the simple math.

which is what you're saying to do up front, you dipshit

RJ. You are wrong. It is very simple for the IRS to add a line to the bottom of the tax return to receive the money they send to high income earners back. The IRS doesn't need to call people to do it.

This. FFS. It's so simple.

You're an idiot. It will be as easy as the automated system that verifies dependent claims. Further, the major tax software companies will put flags in place to check it just like they do any number of other tax corner cases.

Right. You think turbotax won't have a quick line item calc that says if your AGI in 2019 was over 100k to up your tax owed for the year by the amount of the check?

It's a good thing our wise Republican leadership took advantage of the economic expansion/recovery that Obama ushered in to shrink the debt/deficit and enhance our footing to deal with the next crisis/downturn.

Oh shit.

I'm not saying the IRS will call or contact those people. I'm saying the people themselves will call and contact the IRS which will waste precious resources.

I'm not saying the IRS will call or contact those people. I'm saying the people themselves will call and contact the IRS which will waste precious resources.

You think if the IRS gives them money a week from now, they'll call the IRS to try to figure out how to give it back?

It's a good thing our wise Republican leadership took advantage of the economic expansion/recovery that Obama ushered in to shrink the debt/deficit and enhance our footing to deal with the next crisis/downturn.

Oh shit.

This. In times of plenty - you save for the rainy day. We did the opposite. The deficit will go insane.

Oh shit.

That’s what Democrats are in charge of.

You think if the IRS gives them money a week from now, they'll call the IRS to try to figure out how to give it back?

Exactly the opposite. We were talking about the IRS trying to recoup money from people.

...which they can do on future tax filings. It seems to me if there’s a resource and time issue that they should put that regulatory and administrative burden on the back end rather than as a prerequisite for sending out much needed checks. There are already plenty of questions that tax filing services make very easy to answer. I don’t see why that can’t just be done in next year’s filing rather than burden and slow down the system now.

Exactly the opposite. We were talking about the IRS trying to recoup money from people.

So every time you file a tax return it involves the IRS recouping from people. The tax return says what your taxes are, the tax return shows what you have paid already, and its simple subtraction to see how much they are owed. This is not difficult. It's literally subtracting one number from another number. There are already like 40 or 50 lines on a tax return. They just have to add one more and its done. Next topic, please.

Last edited:
Back