• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Stock Market Crash

That’s the plan lots of folks hope will work out.

It often doesn’t, of course.

If there is one thing in this crisis that the Trump admin has gotten "right" it is acting quickly with monetary stimulus. Banks were in a better liquidity position to start with than they were in 2008 and the Fed has thrown everything they have very quickly at this crisis. Flip side is rates had far less to fall. And no matter what they did in the short term, we're still facing a ton of ugly ahead.

That’s the plan lots of folks hope will work out.

It often doesn’t, of course.

Indeed. Having kids is no guarantee that they'll take care of you when you get old, or that they won't just plop you in a retirement home or nursing home. I've seen it happen.

And now the kids have a very uncertain economic future so they can’t handle putting their parents on their tab.

And now the kids have a very uncertain economic future so they can’t handle putting their parents on their tab.

boomers get to hang out at home doing retirement early/as normal while millennials/gen z fucking sweat it out trying to be PRODUCTIVE while raising children at home by themselves b/c we're #inthistogether.

Gen Z is sweating out online classes and playing video games and on IG all day.

So....

Huge problem with our idiotic ’merican system is a pretty much total lack of insurance (private or public) to provide in-home or facility-based care. Unless or until you’re impoverished. Then Medicaid kicks in with crappy but way better than nothing payment for pretty crappy care.

If there is one thing in this crisis that the Trump admin has gotten "right" it is acting quickly with monetary stimulus. Banks were in a better liquidity position to start with than they were in 2008 and the Fed has thrown everything they have very quickly at this crisis. Flip side is rates had far less to fall. And no matter what they did in the short term, we're still facing a ton of ugly ahead.

Trump has gotten a lot correct mind you but if you got into the stock game back in late March, there were tons & tons of stocks to find! TDOC is one I have made a mint on actually since October and is perfect for post-Covid--Teledoc. Bought it earlier at $70 & now at $169 and still a buy. People don't want to do to the doctor & hang around to get sick. Motley Fool got me on this one early!
Take great post Covid stocks like DOCU & ZM--DocuSign & Zoom Technologies. Everybody has been using them but every business out there is using them now and will go forward using them from now on. DOCU at $$103 & ZM at $138 are awesome! Even Netflix is one to check out & ROKU because people are watching stuff from home.

boomers get to hang out at home doing retirement early/as normal while millennials/gen z fucking sweat it out trying to be PRODUCTIVE while raising children at home by themselves b/c we're #inthistogether.

you mean gen x?

Trump has gotten a lot correct mind you but if you got into the stock game back in late March, there were tons & tons of stocks to find! TDOC is one I have made a mint on actually since October and is perfect for post-Covid--Teledoc. Bought it earlier at $70 & now at $169 and still a buy. People don't want to do to the doctor & hang around to get sick. Motley Fool got me on this one early!
Take great post Covid stocks like DOCU & ZM--DocuSign & Zoom Technologies. Everybody has been using them but every business out there is using them now and will go forward using them from now on. DOCU at $$103 & ZM at $138 are awesome! Even Netflix is one to check out & ROKU because people are watching stuff from home.

So these were gambles you made using you Pelosi PPP bucks your business didn’t need but you took anyway?

He inherited his business anyway. Don’t mind the idiot.

He inherited his business? Hmm. I seem to remember another former poster here who inherited his father-in-law's business and home, all while spending years posting about his up-by-the-bootstraps life story and bitching about snobby liberals who are given things in life without having to work for them. Seems to be a pattern among some conservatives.

A correction is inevitable. You can only throw so much stimulus around. I am in on dividend stocks and have weathered this ok so far. I'm going to hedge by taking on some gold and a bitcoin or two. Could be a huge payoff, could lose half my investment. The potential payoff makes it worth the take. Your plays all make sense. Docu especially. I will not invest in Zoom. I will invest in blockchaim cos. IBM pays a dividend. Will look into Teledoc.

A correction is inevitable. You can only throw so much stimulus around. I am in on dividend stocks and have weathered this ok so far. I'm going to hedge by taking on some gold and a bitcoin or two. Could be a huge payoff, could lose half my investment. The potential payoff makes it worth the take. Your plays all make sense. Docu especially. I will not invest in Zoom. I will invest in blockchaim cos. IBM pays a dividend. Will look into Teledoc.

Why not? It's trading at a cheap 1,500 times earnings and larger players are coming into the market and giving away the product for free. Seems like a real winner to me.

Why not? It's trading at a cheap 1,500 times earnings and larger players are coming into the market and giving away the product for free. Seems like a real winner to me.

Don’t forget the gaping security flaws.

Back