Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2288

Thread: The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    Maybe, but I don't think Bama's offense would embarrass themselves against a lot NFL defenses though.
    And Bama’s Oline is bigger than most NFL lines.

OK, let's put Bama in the Super Bowl.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    SEC WINS SUPER BOWL !!!!

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Good stuff here.

So this is something
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    So this is something
    Would think those recruits that TN was paying would be ineligible to play for TN, even if they wanted to stay. FWIW, TN's best OL entered the transfer portal and is headed to Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    So this is something
    This is where paying the players makes sense. Take the under the table money and put it on the table. There are obviously untapped revenue streams available that can be used to compensate athletes at a market rate. We don't have to rehash old arguments. Just wanted to note this at a time when it happened. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    This is where paying the players makes sense. Take the under the table money and put it on the table. There are obviously untapped revenue streams available that can be used to compensate athletes at a market rate. We don't have to rehash old arguments. Just wanted to note this at a time when it happened. Carry on.
    Clemson & South Carolina have been "competing" for players for years in their state. Once upon a time Spurrier got the best of them. Now Dabo has the pot right and he is winning. Just the way it goes in recruiting wars in the South.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReff View Post
    Clemson & South Carolina have been "competing" for players for years in their state. Once upon a time Spurrier got the best of them. Now Dabo has the pot right and he is winning. Just the way it goes in recruiting wars in the South.

Yep. This place is the top bag man in America, and it's probably not close.

Quote Originally Posted by awaken View Post
    I’m with paying the players 99.9 percent of the time, but I don’t think recruits should be paid. I believe athlete-students should be compensated equally across each NCAA sport.
    Draxx them sklounst

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Oops.

Alabama hired Bill O’Brien as its offensive coordinator lol. So ridiculous.

TN lists 12 positions in the "starting" defense. Three D line, four linebackers, "STAR," two cornerbacks and two safeties. That's 12 by my count.

Anybody know what the star position is?

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Looks like a nickelback.

Primary OGB Benefactor
    They also got a transfer DL from Auburn who has since backed out.

Notre Dame football placed on probation because they had impermissible contact with a player (Sav'ell Smalls) who also had impermissible contact with Dan Mullen and Jimbo Fisher

that's a lot of impermissible contact <insert mako's mom joke here>

Primary OGB Benefactor
    I make some effort to constrain UGA talk at certain times, but the Dawgs just picked up a commitment from Gunner Stockton, a 5-star 2022 QB who decommitted from South Carolina. That goes along with Brock Vandagriff, 5-star 2021 QB. That's a lot of 5-star quarterbacks. Hopefully Kirby can manage it like Saban does this time, instead of the way he did with Fromm/Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I make some effort to constrain UGA talk at certain times...
    [insert JLaw gif]

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    I make some effort to constrain UGA talk at certain times, but the Dawgs just picked up a commitment from Gunner Stockton, a 5-star 2022 QB who decommitted from South Carolina. That goes along with Brock Vandagriff, 5-star 2021 QB. That's a lot of 5-star quarterbacks. Hopefully Kirby can manage it like Saban does this time, instead of the way he did with Fromm/Fields.
    So which one will transfer next? Serious question.