• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The 2020-21 College Football Thread: Alabama Unleashes Bold Familiar Flavor on CFB !!

Alabama was just that good this year, especially on offense. You can’t bet against Saban but their losses on the offensive side will be staggering. Doubt they make a run at defending this title.

Clawson got in a good shout out to all his Wake players and staff for the work they did to play.

Also got some good words in for Boogie and Wolford. Even got Chizik agreeing on Wolford.

Good work by Coach Clawson.

Anybody wanna see Jake Fromm’s championship game stats against Alabama ?

About twice as good as Fields’ stats

Alabama was just that good this year, especially on offense. You can’t bet against Saban but their losses on the offensive side will be staggering. Doubt they make a run at defending this title.

-me, every season since 2009.

They’ll be back

BTW, Mack Jones went to Bolles School and visited Wake Forest.

Damn. Tuscaloosa about to have super COVID.

If Podlsney hadn’t made that kick in the Peach Biwl, Alabama would have had to share this National Championship with Cincinnati, the same as they share the 2017 championship with UCF.

7:00 p.m. on the Friday of wild card weekend would be a huge upgrade in terms of viewership...at least at my house.

I know, it's insane to me that the National title games of the 2 biggest college sports are played on the maybe the least traditional night for each sport, especially College Football. I know Friday isn't really a traditional night for college football either, but that hasn't stopped college games getting scheduled for Friday nights more and more in recent years. To me, the absolute best time to be a sports fan is when you are a kid and a lot of kid's don't get to stay up late enough to watch more than a half of the game on a Monday night. One of my best memories growing up was Dad and I staying up and watching us beat Depaul and Rey Meyer in 1984, had that been on a Mon-Thurs, I'd have never been up that late.

Good job by Clawson recognizing marginal 5-star talent.

ErgbS19W8AAwdc6

2021 prediction: UNC-CH finishes the season ranker higher than Florida.

Final AP Poll:

1. Alabama (61)
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Texas A&M
5. Notre Dame
6. Oklahoma
7. Georgia
8. Cincinnati
9. Iowa State
10. Northwestern
11. BYU
12. Indiana
13. Florida
14. Coastal Carolina
15. Louisiana
16. Iowa
17. Liberty
18. North Carolina
19. Texas
20. Oklahoma State
21. USC
22. Miami (FL)
23. Ball State
24. San Jose State
25. Buffalo

A couple of observations:

OU should be ahead of ND.

USC is the only PAC 12 team ranked; Oregon, its champion at 4-3, is unranked.

Rece Davis had this final Top 4 as his preseason Top 4.

The MAC has two teams.

The SEC has four teams, with no other teams receiving a single vote.

2021 prediction: UNC-CH finishes the season ranker higher than Florida.

Possible. UNC has a game @ Notre Dame, but other than that they have a REALLY easy schedule. Two other "tough" games are Miami (@ UNC) and @ VT. Oh, and a home game against Wake Forest! Legit shot for UNC to be a 1-loss regular season team, as they avoid Clemson until the ACC Championship.

UF, on the other hand, plays UGA & Alabama... And if lucky, the SEC Championship game (again).

That Clemson / Georgia game to start the season in Charlotte should be awesome. Might even be enough to get Biff off the golf course and into Ericsson Stadium (or whatever they call that shithole now).

Back