• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

As of July 30, FL had reported 1,670 deaths among residents aged 49 and younger

As of 9/3, five weeks later, that total grew to 2,576 deaths

so, in five weeks, the reported death toll for people aged 50 and younger in Florida grew by 54%

The impact of Delta and vaccinations looks pretty clear

Also - as of this morning, despite recent improvement, FL is still #1 in Covid-19 hospitalizations per capita. The top ten states are very SE-heavy:

Florida
Alabama
North Dakota (ND and SD are #'s 1 and 2 in recent growth of hospitalizations per capita)
Georgia
Kentucky
Mississippi
Texas
South Carolina
Tennessee
Louisiana

Despite numbers rising we always see some a-hole not wearing a mask in a store with a sign on the door that says masks required. Selfish and ignorant.

While my grocery store is back to 90+% masked the majority I see maskless these days are mid 40s+ white guys. Big toxic masculinity/insecurity aura. Also a handful of women the same 45-55 age group as well. Sometimes you can just look at a person and know they’re a Fox News watcher.

Went to Subway this weekend (we wanted subs and the amazing local deli down the road is temporarily closed on weekends due to staffing) and none of the staff was masked nor any of the customers. Didn't really feel comfortable standing in line with about 8 other maskless people so close, so I left.

I also went to pick-up lunch the other day and saw an Asheville Airport Police officer unmasked in the restaurant when everyone else was. I thought about contacting the airport but turns out that restaurant is just over the line in Henderson County so I guess technically he wasn't in violation. But it sure irked me.

Went to Subway this weekend (we wanted subs and the amazing local deli down the road is temporarily closed on weekends due to staffing) and none of the staff was masked nor any of the customers. Didn't really feel comfortable standing in line with about 8 other maskless people so close, so I left.

I also went to pick-up lunch the other day and saw an Asheville Airport Police officer unmasked in the restaurant when everyone else was. I thought about contacting the airport but turns out that restaurant is just over the line in Henderson County so I guess technically he wasn't in violation. But it sure irked me.

Ingles Deli has much better subs than Subway.

I often wonder if that’s why all the stores have big “American Owned” signs

Y’all are literally worried about something that can’t kill you. If it can kill you invest in a N95 mask and boom problem solved.

At some point we need to take the vaccine and move on with our lives. It’s time we stop making sacrifices because dumbass’s don’t want to take the vaccine.

Y’all are literally worried about something that can’t kill you. If it can kill you invest in a N95 mask and boom problem solved.

At some point we need to take the vaccine and move on with our lives. It’s time we stop making sacrifices because dumbass’s don’t want to take the vaccine.

Thing is, it's killing some peeps who have had the vaccine. As well as healthy peeps with the vaccine.

Vaccine is really damn effective, but not 100%

Your point still kind of stands.

That’s a good thread. They key takeaway is that hospitals are filled with unvaccinated, young, healthy people with COVID. But it is also worth noting that 10% of those hospitalized are older, sicker, vaccinated people. Wear masks indoors to protect that group.

Nah man...My freedoms

Thing is, it's killing some peeps who have had the vaccine. As well as healthy peeps with the vaccine.

Vaccine is really damn effective, but not 100%

Your point still kind of stands.

yeah, I mean the average comorbidities of that group that's dying with the Vax is like 5.8. 3 weeks ago they announced my pinball league was coming back in sept, and despite being vaxxed I was leaning towards not joining cause 64 people crammed indoors seemed like a covid trap despite me being vaxxed. But the league announced it was requiring the vax this morning, and then I got that breakthrough case 2 weeks ago. I gotta say, I knew I was at low risk once getting the vax but I still checked the daily cases locally, spent 30 mins a day on the covid thread on the boards, and generally worried about it. A few too many pounds these days and a few too many years smoking still had me worried. But I'd say, trust the math, live your life, maybe know you're a 25% shot or so to get a breakthrough case is my advice. The #stats say its no different than a standard cold/flu when vaxxed and my #anecdote supports it

That being said, living in a world where all service workers are protected, walking into an unmasked subway would be visually a bit of a freak out.

Update to this story. Another judge overruled the first judge (not sure of the procedure) and held that the doctor who ordered the ivermectin had never even met the patient and does not have privileges at the hospital. As such, the hospital does not have to administer ivermectin to the patient. It was also confirmed that the patient and his wife chose not to be vaccinated because they didn't trust the science. But, of course, they trust using ivermectin.

Update to this story. Another judge overruled the first judge (not sure of the procedure) and held that the doctor who ordered the ivermectin had never even met the patient and does not have privileges at the hospital. As such, the hospital does not have to administer ivermectin to the patient. It was also confirmed that the patient and his wife chose not to be vaccinated because they didn't trust the science. But, of course, they trust using ivermectin.

Thin the herd. Less Trump voters in 2024.

Back