• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Have you heard good things about motor oil?

Seriously, if Fox and other right-wing outlets, and Trump himself, promoted motor oil as a cure for covid, is there any doubt that thousands (at least) of Trumpites would start drinking motor oil? The mindset of these people is amazing - "I won't take that vaccine, it's too new and may be dangerous. Instead I'll go down to Tractor Supply and buy some ivermectin! I've heard that works really well, although I'll shit my pants for several days." Geez.

4th Grader in Aiken Public Schools dies from COVID.
Not sure what other evidence parents want; either mask your kid or leave them home.

Probably was a fatty. Or something.

Don’t want to know, really…#nomandates!

It's not like that at all. Meditating has many measurable effects, such as lowering blood pressure. High blood pressure can cause and worsen headaches. So meditation for headache has biologic plausibility. Ivermectin for covid does not, as ivermectin is an anti-parasitic and not designed to treat viruses. This is one of the many reasons that experts see no reason to take ivermectin or spend a lot of time/money focused on studying it for covid.

Meh the placebo effect is about as effective as meditating.

Forwarded to us from a fambly member whut lives in Texas….

Appears to be written not by our family member but someone else.

It's seriously past time to wake up. If you took the so called vaccine, certainly don't trust the "experts" and take the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th... booster shot. Who cares about employment. There's a very good chance that this shot will kill you or at the very least cause health issues for the rest of your life. I'm obviously not an "expert" but I do look at the information that's available (mainly outside of the mainstream) and educate myself. If you're getting your news from the mainstream, it's clearly all propaganda. This is why "they" cancel anyone that doesn't agree with the narrative. The fact that they were able to cancel the President of the USA should say it all!

Be forewarned that your compliance has an expiration date. This is a Plandemic and it will not go away until the global elites get what they want. Depopulation is a part of the plan. Just as the majority of Germans remained silent and compliant during the Holocaust, most Americans are going along with this. Take a stand before it's too late!

Protect your family. Reach out to people in your community. Do what you can to get the truth to as many people as possible. Bring people to Jesus! Don't live in FEAR! I've heard it said that being opposed to this diabolical evil plot will hinder the spread of the Gospel. I totally disagree. I thank God for heroes like Dietrich Bonhoeffer, who took a stand and was killed for it!

History doesn't repeat, but it sure does rhyme a lot! Is it possible that this is part of the Great Deception in the Bible. Even the elect are deceived into going along with this insanity!

Whatever happened to "my body, my choice"? That mantra only applies to women that want to kill their baby. However the government can force me to take a jab that contains aborted fetal cells. God help us!

Thank God for our elected officials in Texas. At least there's 1 state in the USA that is taking a stand against abortion. Obviously it's causing the Demons to go crazy!

Please at least acknowledge that you received this email. Maybe gmail is blocking me. I would like to know if that is the case. No response means something to me. A simple "Thank You" will suffice.

Are you paying attention to what's happening in Australia? It's only a matter of time before similar insanity comes here. If you don't think that's possible, your head must be buried in the sand!

I care about you and hope that if you did get the jab that it was the placebo. It came out this week that approximately 50% of the vials don't contain anything except saline solution. Could it be that this is part of the plan how "they" turn you into a mouthpiece to tell everyone that the "vaccine" didn't make you sick and literally "preach" it to everyone around? There's definitely no guarantee that the booster shot will be handled the same way, but if you like Russian Roulette, keep playing...

This guy claims to have evidence that the vaccine has been more deadly to us 206 million Americans with one shot than COVID has been with 645,000 deaths.

Yep…to clarify…the family member that forwarded that to us no doubt believes the disinformation…as do others in our family.

Meanwhile…Baptist infectious diseases expert recovering from 'COVID cold'

If you can’t read the link…Christopher Ohl, infectious disease physician shares he’s recovered from a non-severe Covid-19 infection. Attributes the non-severe degree of his illness to being vaccinated. Says his case shows that even being careful you can still be exposed. Says he’ll be getting a booster vaccination pretty soon.

Saw something that last week 7 of the top 10 states for new cases also had the highest vaccination rates.

If that’s true that’s fucking depressing.

Forwarded to us from a fambly member whut lives in Texas….

Appears to be written not by our family member but someone else.

"Is it possible that this is part of the Great Deception in the Bible. Even the elect are deceived into going along with this insanity!" Oh, the irony. It's people like this who are being deceived and who are far more likely to follow an "Anti-Christ" (Trump) than those they criticize. For people who claim to be so suspicious and skeptical of the evil ways of this world, they're actually suckers for conspiracy and religious gibberish and strong-man, authoritarian scam artists posing as Defenders of the Faith.

Yep.

It’s challenging to figure out how to respond to this stuff when it’s your family.

Mostly we just pay attention, to try and understand what they’re into, and don’t respond.

That narrative is what you get when you’re drunk on rageahol and you brain dump as many things as you can remember off the top of your head to rage about. So you end up with a garbled mess full of contradictions and unrelated topics glued together.

Saw something that last week 7 of the top 10 states for new cases also had the highest vaccination rates.

If that’s true that’s fucking depressing.

Reading comprehension, new vaccination rate. If your state is already highly vaccinated your new rate will be low.

That narrative is what you get when you’re drunk on rageahol and you brain dump as many things as you can remember off the top of your head to rage about. So you end up with a garbled mess full of contradictions and unrelated topics glued together.

Jeff Jackson had a good tweet thread to that effect.

Start of the full thread:
A school ordered a student to quarantine. His dad and 2 men confronted the principal with zip ties, official says.

When an Arizona school employee called a parent on Thursday to share that his son had come in close contact with someone who tested positive for the coronavirus, the dad was told his son must stay at home for at least a week.

Instead, later that morning, the man walked into Mesquite Elementary School with his son and two other men carrying zip ties before confronting the principal over the school’s quarantine policy, Vail Unified School District Superintendent John Carruth told The Washington Post.

In a meeting with the principal, Carruth said, the men threatened to call local authorities and conduct a “citizen’s arrest” if the student was not allowed to rejoin school activities immediately. That is when the principal, who explained that the school was following guidance issued by the local health department, ordered the trio to leave, Carruth said.

“Today was a tough day,” he told The Post. “One of the most powerful tools as adults is the behavior that we model to young people — and the behavior that was modeled today makes me really sad.”

A spokesperson with the Tucson Police Department confirmed that officers responded to the incident. Police did not identify the three men and did not say whether any charges had been brought against the trio.

Diane Vargo, the principal of the elementary school, which has more than 600 students, did not immediately respond to a message from The Post late Thursday.

One of the men who accompanied the dad to the school recorded part of the incident and posted the video to Instagram. When contacted for comment early Friday, he said he was not immediately available for an interview and referred The Post to another social media video where he and the student’s father discussed the incident.

The event at the southern Arizona school marks yet another incident of parents protesting covid-19 mandates as schools reopen and cases tied to the highly transmissible delta variant surge. Some have launched verbal assaults at teachers, while others have turned physical against both teachers and students.

Last month, one parent in Texas ripped a teacher’s mask off her face. Other parents in that same district yelled at a teacher wearing a mask because they claimed it made it hard to understand what she was saying. That same month, a father in Florida was charged with assaulting a student who confronted him about not wearing a mask.

Earlier on Thursday in Arizona, Mesquite Elementary School had contacted the father to let him know that his son and at least six other schoolmates had been exposed to someone infected with the virus, Carruth told The Post.

The district’s policy is based on guidance issued by the Pima County Health Department that says all children must stay at home for at least seven days after potential exposure at school, the superintendent said. Students are allowed to return to school grounds if a coronavirus test taken five or more days into quarantine comes back negative and they have no symptoms for seven days. According to the district’s dashboard, the school has one active positive covid case.

Moments after receiving the news, the dad took to his social media to protest the school’s quarantine policy, Carruth said. One of the two men who later accompanied the dad to the school posted on Instagram about the situation.

“Apparently Mesquite Elementary thinks they can break the law and act like the covid Gestapo,” the man wrote, referencing Nazi Germany’s secret police. “We will be headed over there shortly to disagree. Come join us because we won’t have this in OUR community!”

Later that morning, the father and his son arrived at the school. The other two men met them in the school’s parking lot, Carruth said.

In a live video posted to Instagram, one of the two men who joined the dad told his followers that they were about to “confront this administration” for “breaking the law.”

“If necessary, we’ll do a citizen’s arrest,” the man said before showing off the “law enforcement zip ties” they brought.

Inside the principal’s office, the men confronted the administrator, arguing that quarantining “children that aren’t sick” breaks state law. No one in the video was wearing masks. The school district does not require them.

“If you insist on this, I’ll have you arrested,” one man said. “We’re ready to make a citizen’s arrest if necessary.”

“There will be no arrests here occurring on the Mesquite campus,” the principal said, adding that the school was following covid protocols.

“We’ll see about that,” the man responded.

“We don’t answer to you,” the student’s dad added. “ … My son will not be quarantined. My son will go back.”

“He needs to be quarantined,” the principal said, before asking the men to leave her office. When the men refused, the principal walked out and called the police, Carruth said.

No arrests were made on school grounds because the men left before police arrived, the superintendent said.

“Showing up to a school with zip ties is not a way to solve a problem,” Carruth said. “ … We welcome people with varying backgrounds and opinions, but we’ve got to come together. This is not okay.”

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

Texas is killing children while preventing abortions. #familyvalues

This is in that thread.

Back