• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

It takes a special kind of stupid not to get the vaccine.

My lovable Uncle is one of the most blue collar, conservative, redneck, beer drinking, anti government bro dawgs ever, and he is fully vaccinated, while ripping on anyone who isn't. Like, of y'all knew this guy(Catamount knows him), y'all would be like no fucking way he's vaccinated.

But he is, and I'm blown away by anyone who isn't. I've completely cut anyone out of my life who isn't vaxxed.

A prominent defense attorney in Winston, fully vaxxed, just died from the variant.

Scary, scary times.

This thread from Spencer Cox, the governor of Utah, is really interesting. Especially the vaxxed to un-vaxxed data on comorbidity. Vaccinated Covid hospitalizations have, on average, 5.8 comorbid conditions whereas unvaxxed have 1.8.

This thread from Spencer Cox, the governor of Utah, is really interesting. Especially the vaxxed to un-vaxxed data on comorbidity. Vaccinated Covid hospitalizations have, on average, 5.8 comorbid conditions whereas unvaxxed have 1.8.

That’s a good thread. They key takeaway is that hospitals are filled with unvaccinated, young, healthy people with COVID. But it is also worth noting that 10% of those hospitalized are older, sicker, vaccinated people. Wear masks indoors to protect that group.

That’s a good thread. They key takeaway is that hospitals are filled with unvaccinated, young, healthy people with COVID. But it is also worth noting that 10% of those hospitalized are older, sicker, vaccinated people. Wear masks indoors to protect that group.

Nah man...My freedoms

Hey Rafi, sorry if you've been asked about this before. Coming up on 6 months since my 2nd vaccine shot, Moderna. In your opinion, should I proceed with a third booster shot or wait a few more months?

Thanks.

Nah man...My freedoms

It's endemic already. Do we wear masks for the rest of their lives to protect older and sicker folks?

From a quality of life standpoint you're looking at kids born today spending the next 80 years wearing masks to improve the quality of life of those with an average of 5.8 comorbidities. I'd say that's not a good trade off.

It's endemic already. Do we wear masks for the rest of their lives to protect older and sicker folks?

No, but at least give us a chance to get the under 12 crowd vaccinated.

No, but at least give us a chance to get the under 12 crowd vaccinated.

This is correct. And it is currently incredibly prevalent. Cases appear to have peaked in some parts of the country, so hopefully in 1 month there will be a lot less Covid (though the football stadiums this weekend are worrisome).

Hey Rafi, sorry if you've been asked about this before. Coming up on 6 months since my 2nd vaccine shot, Moderna. In your opinion, should I proceed with a third booster shot or wait a few more months?

Thanks.

I don’t know your medical history. If you are immunocompromised, you can get it now. If not, then Sept 20th is the date that it will likely be recommended for everyone to get a third shot (though there is some controversy regarding this policy amongst national Covid advisors). Somewhere around 6-8 months after the second shot seems to be the time to get the third. Moderna does seem a bit better against Delta, so you’re good on that front.

Covid-19 - Treatments & Vaccines

I think we will see vaccinated people go into full screw them mode after three things happen:

1. Older people and more vulnerable people get boosters.

2. More evidence comes out that breakthrough hospitalizations are very rare for young people without preexisting conditions including evidence that boosters are working.

3. Vaccines are approved for children under 12

At that point, I’m pretty sure vaccinated people will be for going unmasked and returning to normal. Getting a severe case of COVID will be widely viewed as a choice among unvaccinated people or lightning strike level bad luck among vaccinated.

Last edited:
I don’t know your medical history. If you are immunocompromised, you can get it now. If not, then Sept 20th is the date that it will likely be recommended for everyone to get a third shot (though there is some controversy regarding this policy amongst national Covid advisors). Somewhere around 6-8 months after the second shot seems to be the time to get the third. Moderna does seem a bit better against Delta, so you’re good on that front.

Thanks Rafi. Appreciate your perspective, as always.

So is COVID-19 a nothing burger and just a pretext for government to make us all wear masks and close businesses or is it a sophisticated government-created virus?

Think it through and let me know.

Back