• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

What policy? There is no policy yet. The probable truth is his campaign is very likely sending out reassurances to conservatives and progressives, and that makes people like me, who already didn't trust him, even more distrusting. Perhaps thats just a part of "playing politics" but I dont appreciate it

Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

At this point I have to wonder if team Trump isn’t planning on a massive vote by mail fraud scheme and all this attacking mail voting is just to get everyone else on record defending it.

what do you mean?

Yeah you did. It's either that or you know what a self-fulfilling prophecy is and didn't how this is an example of one: "The probable truth is his campaign is very likely sending out reassurances to conservatives and progressives, and that makes people like me, who already didn't trust him, even more distrusting."

Seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Seems to me that you become even more untrusting of Biden because you expect that he’s lying about your positions. I mean ultimately we will discover if your belief is correct and I do suspect that to some degree it may be, but at this point aren’t you just getting angrier in the short term because you think his more progressive views aren’t earnest without knowing if they are or not?

Seems to me that you become even more untrusting of Biden because you expect that he’s lying about your positions. I mean ultimately we will discover if your belief is correct and I do suspect that to some degree it may be, but at this point aren’t you just getting angrier in the short term because you think his more progressive views aren’t earnest without knowing if they are or not?
Biden himself is providing the contradictory evidence that leads me to distrust him *further*. I didn't make him do that. There's plenty of evidence from open sources within his campaign, denying those would be gaslighting. The fact that I can predict someone doing something I don't like, does that make it any less consequential, that I expected it? If I expect it to rain tomorrow, that doesn't make the rain any less wet.

It makes it less unexpected.

trying to understand the argument here. So because Democrats like Biden are expected to capitulate to Republicans and compromise party values, no one is allowed to be disappointed with them? What?

If you don’t assume you have perfect absolute perception of reality (including other people), then you might allow that how you perceive things and people is influenced by your expectations.

For some, this could mean perpetual disappointment.

If you don’t assume you have perfect absolute perception of reality (including other people), then you might allow that how you perceive things and people is influenced by your expectations.

For some, this could mean perpetual disappointment.
There's no good faith purpose in you making the argument that abstract or obtuse, especially when i've referred to specific events commented on and corroborated by reputable people. It's not a fucking conspiracy theory to reference own of Biden's own economic advisors. You could just simply disagree with me, because I find what you said to be kind of insulting. I mean, seriously? Biden has an expansive infrastructure agenda as part of his campaign, then one of his advisors just publicly admits that Biden's administration will be self-limited by austerity spending restrictions (AOC tweeted about it for fucks sake) and you're trying to fucking gaslight me that my problem with this is just a matter of "perception"? Well I guess it's just a "perception" problem for the other members of congress who are frustrated by it. Jesus. What a rid way to discuss politics. "If you don't expect anything then you'll never be disappointed".

You decide to hear different advisors saying different things as the worst case scenario as opposed to different people jockeying to push their ideals in the possible administration.

And again I need to remind you that Biden isn’t an ideologue. He will go with whatever a Dem Senate and Dem House agree on. The goal should be to whip votes for your ideas not making a whipping boy out of Biden.

You decide to hear different advisors saying different things as the worst case scenario as opposed to different people jockeying to push their ideals in the possible administration.

And again I need to remind you that Biden isn’t an ideologue. He will go with whatever a Dem Senate and Dem House agree on. The goal should be to whip votes for your ideas not making a whipping boy out of Biden.

Thats a good point.

Without mentioning Trump or the Republicans, give me 5 good reasons for why you are voting for Biden. What has he accomplished and what is his platform?

Without mentioning Trump or the Republicans, give me 5 good reasons for why you are voting for Biden. What has he accomplished and what is his platform?

environment/climate change
healthcare/covid response
gun control
immigration
respectability on the world stage

Back