• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Presidential Election: Biden v. Trump

There are many amendments but my favorite is the fif. F. I. F. Fiiiiiiive

Which was a parody of W’s 2004 announcement that preparing to go to Mars was a priority for his second term

Black Bush may be Chappelle’s greatest sketch simply because the last 16 years bear it out. We got a Black President and many white people saw him as a caricature. Then we got another white President even more ridiculous than Bush who many white people think is a statesman.

I could watch Anthony Berry yell “cradle of fucking civilization” on an infinite loop. Yellow cake, man.

I mean, those are nice goals. I do think that the space program should be a priority, and national wi-fi is very important to help areas with poor connectivity. I have a goal of losing weight and earning a million dollars. Surely if I just say it, it will happen. And certainly all those goals are attainable in four years. Though I assume he is planning on removing term limits if he gets re-elected, so maybe that gives him a bit longer.

Except that those really aren't his goals, and none of them will be enacted in his second term, or even started. He has no real goals - his entire first term was mainly a day-to-day search for media attention, attacks on his opponents or anyone who dared to criticize him, and erratic pronouncements and policy changes and contradictions. His second term will be exactly the same. Somebody sat down and wrote this up for him and sent it out. They may be nice goals, but he'll never act on them, because he couldn't organize himself out of a paper bag.

Except that those really aren't his goals, and none of them will be enacted in his second term, or even started. He has no real goals - his entire first term was mainly a day-to-day search for media attention, attacks on his opponents or anyone who dared to criticize him, and erratic pronouncements and policy changes and contradictions. His second term will be exactly the same. Somebody sat down and wrote this up for him and sent it out. They may be nice goals, but he'll never act on them, because he couldn't organize himself out of a paper bag.

Yes, that was kind of my point. I actually do believe that Trump wants to do something in space, though. He did start Space Force, after all. He has no idea how to do so, but I'm sure he would like to have that accolade.

In my humble opinion, the entire point of humanity is to explore space. Might as well get that shit started.

The thing I like about the GOP tweet, they clearly heard the criticism, because about two hours later they returned to say "oh, right, also a vaccine," and then a bunch of stuff that Republicans don't actually support.

Are there any odds on Melania filing for divorce before the end of the year, win or lose ?

I suspect, and think I read, that she redid the prenup right after Trump won the election.

The thing I like about the GOP tweet, they clearly heard the criticism, because about two hours later they returned to say "oh, right, also a vaccine," and then a bunch of stuff that Republicans don't actually support.

Uh huh.

Let’s just throw some good sounding shit out there!

A real whoopsie from the paper of record.

A real whoopsie from the paper of record.

She also worked for the right-wing National Review (Rich Lowry's magazine) for a time, and has written for the New York Observer, a right-wing publication and website which was owned from 2006 to 2017 by - surprise! - Jared Kushner, and has been run since 2017 by one of Kushner's associates. It is certainly interesting that someone with her background managed to write a story in which she claimed (lied?) that she interviewed "regular" Republicans when in fact she was interviewing longtime GOP political operatives. That's some pretty convenient "shoddy" research on her part.

According to this article, Republicans are turning out in larger numbers for early voting in Florida, and are thus eating into the lead that Democrats built up in mail-in voting. The early demographic trends in FL for Biden also seem worrisome, as he's actually running slightly behind Hillary's percentages among black voters thus far, although Trump appears to be running slightly behind his percentages among white voters without a college degree compared to 2016. Democrats still have a lead of 387,000 votes, but early voting among FL Republicans has cut Biden's lead by 21 percent thus far. Both GOP and Democratic strategists interviewed expect Florida to be close again, maybe even 1 to 2 percent. Hopefully Biden won't need the state to win the election, as the state has burned Democrats so often in the past twenty years.

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/news/republicans-crash-florida-early-vote-211320803.html

I feel like it’s impossible to know what early voting numbers mean in this election because of COVID.

Florida will be razor thin as usual. The question is if we will need it.

From the "point still stands" department

Florida will be razor thin as usual. The question is if we will need it.

Hopefully not. PA, not FL, does seem to be shaping up as the key state this time. Whoever carries PA likely wins the election, imo. If Biden carries PA I think he'll almost certainly win MI and WI as well, and that's the election. If he loses PA he'll probably lose at least WI, and if Biden loses those two I don't see him winning any other battleground states to make up for losing those two, especially PA.

Last edited:
Back