• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

You might wonder about a political system that grinds human rights activists to surrender and capitulation, but emboldens capitalists and profit seekers. I don’t see what’s pragmatic about that. I’m contemptuous of the cold analytical and acquiescent responses to our broken politics.

Protests have stopped because it’s cold outside. People seem to be inside writing clapback pieces to Obama.

Protests have stopped because it’s cold outside. People seem to be inside writing clapback pieces to Obama.

I don’t know how quickly you read the essay, but it wasn’t regarding protesting or a lack of

Right. But that’s the part you quoted so I assumed that’s the part you thought was most important. The lack of protesting is simple to explain. The election and organizing labor will bear fruit in due time.

Political Chat Thread - All Topics & Rants Welcome

Right. But that’s the part you quoted so I assumed that’s the part you thought was most important. The lack of protesting is simple to explain. The election and organizing labor will bear fruit in due time.

Not trying to go round with you again. I’m not talking about protesting, and the section I quoted wasn’t about protesting. You just misread the first 2 sentences of the section I quoted and made a quick assumption. The gist of what I posted is that America needs a transformative shift in values, beyond just racism, in how we address inequality and justice.

Last edited:
I’m surprised you haven’t mentioned the “Workers, Wages, Weed” tweet that went around and seems to be making waves.

They have little idea of or interest in what's going on outside of their professional consultant class and other people like themselves.

AOC is still going to have more power and influence than some rando regardless of committee assignments. It's foolish to fight it instead of leaning into it.

Last edited:
Democratic leadership is so fucking dumb.

Ties in with the article I posted several weeks ago about Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Democratic congressional leadership being unwilling to provide leadership roles for younger Democrats or give them many chances for the spotlight. Instead they just hog the committee chairperson and leadership positions year after year, no matter their age or declining abilities or whether Democrats win or lose elections. The article said that many younger and even middle-aged Democratic members of Congress are growing increasingly frustrated at their inability to move up into leadership roles. In Congress it's the Democrats who are the status quo party.

Don't know him, but this tweet is pretty much what I said on the "stimulate" thread.

Lee Carter running for Governor in VA. :popcorn:

I love that guy more than some of my own relatives, but I’m really afraid his candidacy is going to be a joke. His last few years of useless Twitter shit-stirring have not helped his political legitimacy. He shit posts more than I do.

Here's a question- would Pence be on the side of the Senate traitors if either Biden or Harris was a member of the LGBTQ community?

Couldn’t even figure out how to force Loeffler and Perdue off the campaign trial to come to DC to vote on the veto.

I've seen some articles claiming that Chuck Schumer basically gave up on Warnock and Ossoff a few weeks ago and was no longer sending money their way. Schumer's office replied to one of the articles and said that absolutely wasn't true, but given what we've seen from him over the past decade it definitely sounds plausible. Mitch McConnell consistently runs rings around him, even when Democrats had the majority. Worthless. And yet he'll likely be the Senate Democratic Leader for as long as he wants.

I've seen some articles claiming that Chuck Schumer basically gave up on Warnock and Ossoff a few weeks ago and was no longer sending money their way. Schumer's office replied to one of the articles and said that absolutely wasn't true, but given what we've seen from him over the past decade it definitely sounds plausible. Mitch McConnell consistently runs rings around him, even when Democrats had the majority. Worthless. And yet he'll likely be the Senate Democratic Leader for as long as he wants.

It’s time we recognize that Pelosi and Schumer are being judged on a completely different set of expectations than we understand. It’s very apparent that none of the things we criticize them so heavily for are important to their leadership security.

It’s increasingly difficult for me to follow electoral politics knowing that none of the things I care about affect any outcomes. It’s like focusing on the talent portion of a beauty pageant.

Back