• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BillBrasky Memorial Political Chat Thread

Is this made up Twitter shit, or true that the cost of a barrel of oil is roughly the same as like 2014 (I think that was the year) but the cost of a gallon gas is like $2-3 more

Is this made up Twitter shit, or true that the cost of a barrel of oil is roughly the same as like 2014 (I think that was the year) but the cost of a gallon gas is like $2-3 more

As of today ($107 per barrel) it is slightly higher than in 2014 ($98 per barrel), but we are currently less that in June 2008 ($128/barrel) and in April 2011 ($108/barrel).

Gas is about $0.5 per gallon more than in May 2011 (a month after the oil price spike), $0.9 per gallon more than in 2014, and $0.4 per gallon more that in 2008.

Yeah but gas price adjusted for 10 years of inflation is probably right on point. The problem is pay didnt keep up with inflation over those 10 years so people are fucked.

Yeah but gas price adjusted for 10 years of inflation is probably right on point. The problem is pay didnt keep up with inflation over those 10 years so people are fucked.

That is probably right. There is also a refinery constraint in the US right now, right? Aren't there a couple of big refineries in Louisiana shut down or operating at reduced capacity because of a Hurricane last year?

But gas mileage has increased, especially in non-huge SUVs. As much as people are complaining about gas prices, it doesn't seem like people are altering their behavior at all.

Why alter behavior when you can just complain and yell at clouds.

Why change behavior when you can elect a fascist party into power who will end democratic rule and fix the gas price "crisis" by burning gays and trans people to power houses and cars?

the Washington Commanders hearing is a good example for why Jim Jordan and crew weren't allowed on the J6 Committee

I can't believe you would just assume that I'm missing the point of the post. That's actually kind of messed up.

At least I'm assuming that you're assuming that.

Roger Goodell is testifying before Congress and Jim Jordan is questioning him about why Dave Portnoy was banned from NFL games. I don't wanna live here anymore.

Back