• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

College Gameday on 9/12

Where will Gameday be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would be typical for WF's first college gameday to be telecast from W-S during a pandemic season when mass gatherings are prohibited. With that said, agree with the "Zoom" response. Don't see GameDay hitting the road this year.

BTW, outside of the Power V conferences, I was not aware what college teams are attempting to play football this Fall. Games are scheduled to be played in 10 days. There is a (weak) slate of games for Labor Day weekend, but it is college football:

Thursday September 3

- Central Arkansas at UAB
- S. Alabama at S. Miss

Saturday September 4

- Houston Baptist (didn't know they had a football team, but know their basketball team beat WF) at N. Texas
- Arkansas State at Memphis
- MTSU at Army
- EKU at Marshall
- SMU at Texas State
- Stephen F Austin at UTEP

Monday September 7

- BYU at Navy (ESPN)

Last edited:
Would be typical for WF's first college gameday to be telecast from W-S during a pandemic season when mass gatherings are prohibited. With that said, agree with the "Zoom" response. Don't see GameDay hitting the road this year.

well, you could certainly write the jokes for our rivals. "That's not social distancing, that's a Wake Forest game!"

There probably won't be college gamedays this year. That being said, Wake is one of the few remaining power-5 conference schools that have never hosted a college gameday. They have mentioned before efforts to eventually get to all of them. As such, it would be the most Wake Forest thing ever if they were to decide to come to Wake for the Wake-Clemson game to check us off of their list and it would be in a year when there would be no crowds, no buzz, no excitement, etc.

Yeah no way College Gameday is doing live shows with a crowd this year.

I heard a comment on ESPN Radio that Game Day mighr send very small crews to campuses, but the bulk of commentators would work from home.

There probably won't be college gamedays this year. That being said, Wake is one of the few remaining power-5 conference schools that have never hosted a college gameday. They have mentioned before efforts to eventually get to all of them. As such, it would be the most Wake Forest thing ever if they were to decide to come to Wake for the Wake-Clemson game to check us off of their list and it would be in a year when there would be no crowds, no buzz, no excitement, etc.

Yeah, it would be a lot better when 10,000 Clemson fans show up at 4 AM and you can't even tell it's at Wake.

There is actually a game this coming weekend:

Saturday, August, 29th
Austin Peay vs. Central Arkansas, 8:00 pm, ESPN / ESPN Video

BTW, outside of the Power V conferences, I was not aware what college teams are attempting to play football this Fall. Games are scheduled to be played in 10 days. There is a (weak) slate of games for Labor Day weekend, but it is college football:

Thursday September 3

- Central Arkansas at UAB
- S. Alabama at S. Miss

Saturday September 4

- Houston Baptist (didn't know they had a football team, but know their basketball team beat WF) at N. Texas
- Arkansas State at Memphis
- MTSU at Army
- EKU at Marshall
- SMU at Texas State
- Stephen F Austin at UTEP

Monday September 7

- BYU at Navy (ESPN)

G5 FBS conferences are split like the P5. Some are playing. Some are not.

Read that announcement for 9/12 will be tomorrow am, so I assume it’s not us , or it would have leaked.

I don't see how it isn't Wake Forest.

Haven't heard a leak about any school. The list of choices is pretty short.

Clemson at WF is the primetime ABC college football game that night. So, I assume that means that Herbstreit will be doing our game (not sure when the last time that happened was). Agree that there really is no other candidate for GameDay that weekend. I would not think that ESPN would go on the road for GameDay this year, given that the whole purpose of GameDay is to draw crowds, and it would be strange/sad to see a handful of people in masks, and maybe the Washington State flag.

Clemson at WF is the primetime ABC college football game that night. So, I assume that means that Herbstreit will be doing our game (not sure when the last time that happened was). Agree that there really is no other candidate for GameDay that weekend. I would not think that ESPN would go on the road for GameDay this year, given that the whole purpose of GameDay is to draw crowds, and it would be strange/sad to see a handful of people in masks, and maybe the Washington State flag.

They have announced that they are going on the road this year, and on the first show tomorrow from Bristol they will announce the destination for 9/12

agree with ATS that it's hard to see a destination other than WF

They have announced that they are going on the road this year, and on the first show tomorrow from Bristol they will announce the destination for 9/12

agree with ATS that it's hard to see a destination other than WF

Hope you’re right— prediction on one site a week ago was TCU/SMU.

I think the point Pilchard is making (and I agree with) is that if Herbstreit is calling a game on Saturday night for ABC, it just makes sense to have Gameday at that location. Why travel around any more than necessary? Especially when the Gameday site isn't going to be a party atmospere... It's just going to be an on-site pregame show.

Back