• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Election Month Thread: COUP falls short, nothing to see here

Another 75% Biden tranche in GA. Now less than 10K behind. Needs less than 61%. Tracking at 70% today.

I wish Democrats, the whole big tent, could just find some simple shit we agree on and run on that. $15 minimum wage is a good one. Universal health care is a good one. Agree on that and stop arguing about specifics. Get shit done then make sure people know you did the shit.

Yeah Donald is within a couple states of winning re-election on year ten of the GOP literally having no health care plan details other than attempt 77 to repeal the existing law.

Yea there’s gonna be constant infighting on whether Bernie would have been down ballot poison to moderate states and Biden neolib poison to milquetoast down ballot candidates so just pick a simple progressive platform and run unproblematic figures.

Lol. Bernie is the nominee and Trump walks in a re-election.

Yea there’s gonna be constant infighting on whether Bernie would have been down ballot poison to moderate states and Biden neolib poison to milquetoast down ballot candidates so just pick a simple progressive platform and run unproblematic figures.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

Yep.

IMO, there also needs to be a big push to educate folks wrt civics, basic governing, etc. I mean, when any good shit you can do is immediately branded a "government takeover" or some similarly stupid shit, you need to counter this effectively.

Definitely.

GOP gutted school spending and the neoliberal shift to encourage STEM above all is finishing the job

No need to scapegoate STEM here. It's more of a neoliberal shift to education = jobs and education is worthless if it is not connected to a job. It's uncreative and assumes that "business owners" or people with money in general understand the needs of society better than creative young people. A generation of TikTok and YouTube entrepreneurs is an easy visible counter to that neoliberalism ideal without devaluing the importance of education in general.

Yep.

IMO, there also needs to be a big push to educate folks wrt civics, basic governing, etc. I mean, when any good shit you can do is immediately branded a "government takeover" or some similarly stupid shit, you need to counter this effectively.

agree with you and ph.

a really fucking good messenger can't hurt. Someone in the WH who can really communicate these points and appeal to the hearts of voters. Pubs know how to channel their fear into votes for no change We need to channel their love and compassion and brotherhood into votes for change.

damn im such a hippie sorry this edible is kicking in on this wine

Last edited:
It’s a mistake to assume the folks invested in defunding the police are invested in the success of the Democratic Party.

agree with you and ph.

a really fucking good messenger can't hurt. Someone who can really communicate these points and appeal to the hearts of voters. Pubs know how to channel their fear into votes for no change We need to channel their love and compassion and brotherhood into votes for change.

damn im such a hippie sorry this edible is kicking in on this wine

I think Buttigieg has the most potential in this vein of the likely candidates.

Or maybe Obama...he needs to stay active in some important ways.

[I'm done my yard work and started in on drinking...]

No need to scapegoate STEM here. It's more of a neoliberal shift to education = jobs and education is worthless if it is not connected to a job. It's uncreative and assumes that "business owners" or people with money in general understand the needs of society better than creative young people. A generation of TikTok and YouTube entrepreneurs is an easy visible counter to that neoliberalism ideal without devaluing the importance of education in general.

i don't have a problem with STEM, that's just the rhetorical move in education right now.

Awwww, you little extremists might take your ball and go home?

lol, if only we had just changed the words, then we could have tricked you into supporting it. You know, like the other thousand times where a major policy just had to change its name to become popular.

PA just posted 13,594 votes. 9080 went to Biden. That's over 83%. Biden's take on all votes I've tracked to day leaps from 65% to 71%. More than enough to take over the race.

Georgia. Big group just posted. 6162 votes. Biden gains 3248 and 76.36% of the group. Now down 9525. Take of votes since I tracked is 66.49%. A big slug of votes down in Savannah not yet counted as well.

is there some kind of advanced math i'm missing here? 9080/13594 = 66.7%. 3248/6162 = 52.7%. I'm trying hard to think of what alternative ways i could do math here to get to your percentages.

With a name like "Defund The Police" it's got to be good.

You don’t support it. That’s fine. Just say that and we can disagree. But don’t tell people to call it something else or water down their demands to attract support from limousine liberals.

lol, if only we had just changed the words, then we could have tricked you into supporting it. You know, like the other thousand times where a major policy just had to change its name to become popular.

but it's not a trick. "Defund" is inaccurate, plain and simple.

Back