• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official US Soccer / World Cup '26 Thread (USA vs. Mexico 3/24 in Dallas)

Davies and Estaquio both out for Canada this window.

This should be a 9 point window folks

Anyone else not pleased that against Honduras and El Salvador, we're playing home games on fields that could be frozen or covered in snow? I'm all for playing in cold weather but against teams with lesser skill, I'd much prefer certainty on the quality of the pitch.

Anyone else not pleased that against Honduras and El Salvador, we're playing home games on fields that could be frozen or covered in snow? I'm all for playing in cold weather but against teams with lesser skill, I'd much prefer certainty on the quality of the pitch.

giphy.gif

They were meant to be played in Portland and Seattle I think but because Canada decided to play in Hamilton US Soccer didn't want the team flying from Europe to the west coast, back east, then back west again. Agree though - any cold weather advantage is lost by playing on a frozen/snowy surface.

It will be frigid, but travel is significantly streamlined this window.

Columbus -> Hamilton (~1 hour flight)
Hamilton -> St. Paul (~2 hours flight)

It will be frigid, but travel is significantly streamlined this window.

Columbus -> Hamilton (~1 hour flight)
Hamilton -> St. Paul (~2 hours flight)

Would have been a 30 minute longer flight to go to Kansas City where its 16 degrees warmer. Minnesota was such an odd choice for that match

I think I previously posted this, but the fields are heated hydroponically. The snow may be a factor, but the turf itself should feel softer than the temps would lead you to believe.

So does anybody have photos of the arctic weather uniforms for the team?

starting lineup speculation?

This from the Athletic:

GK: Matt Turner
DEF: Antonee Robinson, Chris Richards, Walker Zimmerman, Sergiño Dest
MID: Tyler Adams, Weston McKennie, Yunus Musah
FW: Christian Pulisic, Ricardo Pepi, Tim Weah

The open question to me is whether any of these guys are rested with Canada coming up on Sunday? There's going to be some rotation so starting your best 11 against El Salvador at home may not make sense.

If we don't collect all 9 then we riot, right?

Anything less that 6 is an immediate riot, anything less that 7 is a disappointment, 9 is expected.

This is the best roster we've had in years. Maybe ever, IMO. And the healthiest too. We are missing 1 player out of our top 20 (Reyna), absolutely no excuses.

Anything less that 6 is an immediate riot, anything less that 7 is a disappointment, 9 is expected.

This is the best roster we've had in years. Maybe ever, IMO. And the healthiest too. We are missing 1 player out of our top 20 (Reyna), absolutely no excuses.

I guess you could argue Steffan is top 20, I was mainly considering outfield players. We also lose nothing from Steffan to Turner in my book. So thats a wash. I guess Brooks would be the only other argument.

Would have been a 30 minute longer flight to go to Kansas City where its 16 degrees warmer. Minnesota was such an odd choice for that match

Being a season ticket holder for SKC and having just visited Allianz for a game in October, Allianz > CMP right now, especially for a USMNT WCQ game without factoring weather.

Just turned to the coverage. What risk were they talking about?

Back