• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: Roster Construction - +LaRavia/Taylor/Walton/Monsanto/Williams/Sy/Marsh

Williams looks pretty efficient, but you don’t find many successful 6’7 centers in the ACC.

Having said that, if we don’t get our top targets, I’d be good with Williams.

pretty big red flag right there if true

On the surface, but who knows how it all actually went down.

Besides, we are in serious need for talent, so we may have to look past some stuff if we are going to put a roster together.

On the surface, but who knows how it all actually went down.

Besides, we are in serious need for talent, so we may have to look past some stuff if we are going to put a roster together.

yes and no - chemistry is pretty important

we had a roster of guys who would go on to make $270 million and counting in NBA salaries get run off the floor by Maryland and Cleveland State in back to back games

if, after vetting, Forbes thinks he will be a good teammate, bring it on

ETA: then again, we agree that [phonetically] phil-an-der-ous

...is worth a shot

Last edited:
Toney can play, ok, he played a little with a teammates girlfriend. Yea, not cool, I'll take my chances if Forbes can get him here. My reasoning for thinking we want land him is that he's embarrassed about what he did and he'll move on to a different conference. Just my thought.

Forbes and staff believe in polygamy, let's get this done!!!

2 games against NCAAT Winthrop:

30 min per game
17-33 fg
7-15 from 3
4-4 FT
11 rebounds
4 Assists
2 blocks
6 steals(!!!!)
7 turnovers
45 points

Which means he was really bad in the other 20+ games. Three years against bad comp, he took over 430 threes and shot under 30%. What do you think he would do against good comp?

Vols, I have no "hate" for him. Don't fall into that trap. Don't stats matter?

We need better players.

RJ, take away thIs Pitt game for Massoud....

Another all-name guy who we could take a look at is Fatts Russell. Too bad Fatts isn’t big guy.

Good point RJ. I think he would be an upgrade from Massoud and plays good D though but definitely hard to project what he would do in the ACC.

Stats do matter but I am not too concerned with that shooting %. I am sure he was asked to do alot at CSU and wouldn't need to take the same shots at Wake. He looks like an ACC level player to me.

WFU Hoops: '21-22 Roster Construction - LaRavia+, Neath/Okpomo/Wilkins/Adams/Massoud-

I’m lazy, somebody willing to make a top 5 wish list of our most reasonable incoming transfers? Then I’ll know when we get one where he falls on the list. Or maybe tiers of players. Thx in advance.

I’ll get right on that. There’s only 600+ players for me to sort into tiers.

Honestly, I can’t even keep up with all of the players we’ve supposedly contacted.

Also, I have a hard time arguing over which players are good enough to be worth our time and which ones aren’t. We’re dealing with incomplete information and also don’t know what Forbes is looking for. I trust his eye for talent.

Last edited:
Good point RJ. I think he would be an upgrade from Massoud and plays good D though but definitely hard to project what he would do in the ACC.

He's nowhere near as good a shooter as Massoud. If he can't shoot against bad comp, it's not logical to think he could shoot against ACC talent.

is phlandras actually serious option or did i just miss something? either way, he looks like he'd be an awesome nba-style microwave sixth man. also his name is close to "flanders fleming" which is somewhat amusing.

Last edited:
He's nowhere near as good a shooter as Massoud. If he can't shoot against bad comp, it's not logical to think he could shoot against ACC talent.

We are comparing them as overall players, not just shooters.

As an overall player, he pretty much checks every other box against Massoud.

I’ll get right on that. There’s only 600+ players for me to sort into tiers.

Honestly, I can’t even keep up with all of the players we’ve supposedly contacted.

Also, I have a hard time arguing over which players are good enough to be worth our times and which ones aren’t. We’re dealing with incomplete information and also don’t know what Forbes is looking for. I trust his eye for talent.

Can you even keep up with the new adds for today? :)

I would think Tre Mitchell should be our #1 target. Harrar should be behind him. We need to find someone who has proven to be a good three point shooter after losing Antonio and Massoud.

As bad as we were inside this year, we will be in three point shooting if we don't find some wing shooters.

Phlandrous will end up going to a big-time program. He'll be much more sought after than Massoud.

We are comparing them as overall players, not just shooters.

As an overall player, he pretty much checks every other box against Massoud.

Actually you don't, he played in a crap conference and his team only won three games. If Massoud (or any Wake player who got reasonable minutes) played for a team like his, their stats would be at least similar and likely better.

His defense seems good, but the reality is we couldn't score this year and have lost our biggest outside threats. A career 30% shooter (with over 400 attempts) against BAD competition does not project into the ACC.

I'd much rather give Cam and McCray Flemings shots and minutes.

Rj, I’m seriously not trying to start an argument but it’s time to retire the narrative that Massoud is a good shooter. He was 8-10 from 3 in the Pitt game and 28-97 otherwise this season. That’s terrible by any criteria, much less for a player that supposedly is a shooter. Maybe we can all agree to put it to bed now that he’s leaving.

Back