• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

I mean wasn’t the original holiday made by Lincoln as a distraction from the civil war. It was just later attached to the bullshit white savior myth and the dumb pilgrims. So I am a thanksgiving originalist and don’t need to think about any of those other things.

i mean, i celebrate Christmas but I don't give two fucks about jesus.

maybe we just acknowledge that the pilgrim/feast myth was sort of retroactively applied to a the general Harvest Feast concept that english colonists did and then jettison it so we can just have a Fall Harvest celebration and make it about being thankful and celebrating friends/family

but that's critical race theory

maybe we just acknowledge that the pilgrim/feast myth was sort of retroactively applied to a the general Harvest Feast concept that english colonists did and then jettison it so we can just have a Fall Harvest celebration and make it about being thankful and celebrating friends/family

This is what we do.

Some people, however, can't help but find something to fret about behind anything fun or wholesome.

I mean wasn’t the original holiday made by Lincoln as a distraction from the civil war. It was just later attached to the bullshit white savior myth and the dumb pilgrims. So I am a thanksgiving originalist and don’t need to think about any of those other things.

yes, again it's pretty common in every culture to have a 'harvest festival'

for some reason we just had to invent a dumb, racist origin myth because Nationalism was super duper popular in the 19th and 20th centuries and the US was lacking

This is what we do.

Some people, however, can't help but find something to fret about behind anything fun or wholesome.

Not sure how pointing out that something is bullshit is exactly fretting. We enjoy the wholesome aspects of the thanksgiving holiday and simultaneously point out to our kids that the way it is portrayed is bullshit :noidea:

CRT coming for handprint turkeys can fuck right off, get the tiki torches back in stock for the winter because this will not stand. Will someone think of little Braedon

Final-Simply-Kinder-FallThanksgiving-9.png

yes, again it's pretty common in every culture to have a 'harvest festival'

for some reason we just had to invent a dumb, racist origin myth because Nationalism was super duper popular in the 19th and 20th centuries and the US was lacking

MAGA!

So you mean, a Thanksgiving ?

When was the last time your family sat down at Thanksgiving and devoted time to analyzing the historical accuracy of the myth behind the holiday? Or do you just go on blissfully enjoying the time with family/friends, and subsequent commercial hellscape of black Friday like 99.99% of people do?

LK, this is how you celebrate a holiday without the lies. Know the truth. You don’t need to be dramatic.

hey look who scurried in.

Tell us, what parts of CRT aren't true? Yer boy jh couldn't do it but I think you're really smart and on top of this. So go ahead...

What a dumb question. CRT is a racist method for using critical theory, which was an attempt to rehabilitate and update Marxism, to discover racism wherever and whenever it suits one's political convenience. It has no truth.

What a dumb question. CRT is a racist method for using critical theory, which was an attempt to rehabilitate and update Marxism, to discover racism wherever and whenever it suits one's political convenience. It has no truth.

200.gif

This is what we do.

As families, we do that. But we also teach our kids a lie about the origin. I would assume most adults still believe it. I think all people are saying is let's just celebrate with family and friends and focus on Thanksgiving. Drop the made up story. We don't need it for Thanksgiving to have value and purpose.

yeah, i mean my daughter is in kindergarten and just learned the unexamined "indians helped save the pilgrims and then they had a big fun feast to celebrate" story this week

Yeah, we know our kids are being taught this lie but conservatives are freaking out about made up CRT curriculum.

I love you man

Back