• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Banning Critical Race Theory

There is no reason to pass the laws, that’s the point. It’s like all the “election security” laws and lawsuits, they either are unnecessary because they are predicated on falsehoods or are just an excuse to keep feeding the outrage to create a narrative and environment.

Yep

The increasingly common cynical eructations of conservatives/Republicans feigning concerns about “hatred”, “divisiveness”, “voter fraud”, etc. are nothing more than propaganda and doublespeak.

Shameful.

There is no reason to pass the laws, that’s the point. It’s like all the “election security” laws and lawsuits, they either are unnecessary because they are predicated on falsehoods or are just an excuse to keep feeding the outrage to create a narrative and environment.

Weren’t Republicans were against unnecessary regulations at some point?

I'm not convinced. I recognize that it is difficult to prove a negative, but I haven't seen anyone demonstrate that CRT (or elements thereof) is not being taught in our schools on a widespread basis, and it seems like there is enough anecdotal evidence out there that it probably is, at least to some degree. It's obviously very difficult to compile a district-by-district survey of what is being taught, and most of what I could find focuses on CRT in higher education, but it seems like there is enough smoke to think there is a K-12 fire: https://criticalrace.org/k-12/

Rubes misinterpreting the law based on GOP misinformation was the entire basis for the anti-ACA fervor that culminated in a 0-3 SCOTUS record. The thing is, the GOP politicians don't actually give the tiniest shit about any of these "issues"... they are just trying to get money out of the hands of donors and they've learned that the easiest way to do that is drumming up fake scary issues like immigrant caravans, and CRT.

Huh, and here I've been told for years it was because Obama was Black.

I'm not convinced. I recognize that it is difficult to prove a negative, but I haven't seen anyone demonstrate that CRT (or elements thereof) is not being taught in our schools on a widespread basis, and it seems like there is enough anecdotal evidence out there that it probably is, at least to some degree. It's obviously very difficult to compile a district-by-district survey of what is being taught, and most of what I could find focuses on CRT in higher education, but it seems like there is enough smoke to think there is a K-12 fire: https://criticalrace.org/k-12/

This is a joke

Who hurt you?

Rubes misinterpreting the law based on GOP misinformation was the entire basis for the anti-ACA fervor that culminated in a 0-3 SCOTUS record. The thing is, the GOP politicians don't actually give the tiniest shit about any of these "issues"... they are just trying to get money out of the hands of donors and they've learned that the easiest way to do that is drumming up fake scary issues like immigrant caravans, and CRT.

Yep. Have you all heard about the latest FL GOP BS law? They're mandating a "moment of silence" in public schools every day and hyping it as bringing prayer back to schools.
https://www.wesh.com/article/gov-desantis-prayer-bill/36727640

But when questioned, they're like "What? It's just a minute a day! We're not mandating prayer! In fact, we're specifically not doing that!" And note they signed it at a Jewish temple in South Florida instead of a public school which makes it clear it's a virtue signaling election play instead of a good faith policy to enhance the educational experiences of children.

This is a joke

Republicans blow enough smoke up each other's asses that they believe there's a fire. There is a fire, but it's the fire of systemic racism.

I used to think Junebug was a fairly intelligent but misguided guy. I was clearly wrong. Looking at the quantity of conservative outrace articles and panels as evidence of the prevalence of the problem is a massive logical fallacy. The conservative brain rot is real.

Last edited:
Junebugs link of “smoke” is something I’d expect a boomer to link on Facebook. Junebug did you actually look at that site or did you just google “critical race theory bad” and post the first link RJ style.

Well, it appears that Dear Leader himself has weighed in on this dreaded teacher conspiracy to brainwash and debase white children. On the RealClearPolitics website Donald J. Trump himself has posted an article. Entitled "A Plan to Get Divisive & Radical Theories Out of Our Schools" it presents his plan to eliminate not just CRT, but any radical teachings from our schools. He demands that the 1619 Project be replaced with his 1776 Project, and takes the usual swipes at the Biden Administration and CRT with his usual vitriol. Of course he didn't write the article - it was pretty well shown during his presidency that he doesn't read above a comic-book level - and there's no doubt that it was written by some right-wing activist. But this article is under his name, and will no doubt inspire his followers to attack public schools even more than they already are.

I posted a link to the article below, but I thought that some of his "plan" should be written in full here. It's an amazing document.

"Third, parents have a right to know exactly what is being taught to their children. Last year, many parents had the chance to routinely listen in on classes for the first time because of remote learning. As students return to the classroom, states need to pass laws requiring that all lesson plans have to be made available to parents — every handout, article, and reading should be posted on an online portal that allows parents to see what their kids are being taught. Furthermore, in many places, there are rules preventing students from recording what teachers say in class. States and school boards should establish a “Right to Record.”

"Fourth, parents need to organize locally — in every school district in America — to eliminate “Action Civics” and other versions of the effort to contort traditional civics education into a vehicle for political indoctrination. The left’s new argument is that our “divisions” stem from a lack of “civics education” — a problem they intend to “fix” with lots of new taxpayer money and a redefinition of “civics” in schools, just as they are trying to redefine the meaning of “infrastructure.” (God forbid kids learn to participate in voter registration drives and other civic activities in their communities!)

"Fifth, any parent who objects to the material being taught to their child in public school should get an automatic voucher, empowering them to pick another school of their choice. The government has no right to brainwash students with controversial ideologies against their parents’ will."

"Sixth, states need to take back control of their schools of education and credentialing bodies to ensure they are not churning out radicalized teachers. To be clear, the overwhelming majority of our nation’s teachers are some of the most selfless and wonderful people there are — but regrettably, many have graduated from extremely biased education schools and may not even be aware of the degree to which leftist ideology has permeated their curriculum. States should set up alternative credentialing bodies that can certify great teachers who know how to instill a sense of love for America. School districts can then make it a priority to hire teachers with these certifications, especially for English, history, and social studies roles. States could even set up their own versions of Teach for America to get passionate and patriotic young people into the classroom."

Finally, states need to break the tenure monopoly in public K-12 schools. Tenure was originally supposed to protect competent teachers from being subjected to undue political influence; it has turned into a mechanism to protect incompetent teachers who themselves wield undue political influence over our children. Educators who are alienating children from their own country should not be protected with lifelong tenure; they should be liberated to pursue a career as a political activist.[/I]

So tenure was created to protect good teachers from being fired due to political influence, but now we have to abolish tenure everywhere (it already has been abolished in NC) so we can fire teachers due to political influence. Makes sense.

Here's the Link, courtesy of Donald J. Trump: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/06/18/a_plan_to_get_divisive__radical_theories_out_of_our_schools_145946.html

I recognize that it is difficult to prove a negative but since Junebug cannot prove he doesn’t beat his wife we have no choice but to imprison him. There is enough smoke from people discussing whether or not he beats his wife that where there’s smoke there is likely fire.

It's worth pointing out how absolutely bonkers it is for an ex-president to be making policy recommendations less than 5 months out of office.

That article is as genuine as his spray tan. Much like Trump steaks it’s just some money grabber slapping a trashy label on a mediocre product to appeal to morons.

Well, it appears that Dear Leader himself has weighed in on this dreaded teacher conspiracy to brainwash and debase white children. On the RealClearPolitics website Donald J. Trump himself has posted an article. Entitled "A Plan to Get Divisive & Radical Theories Out of Our Schools" it presents his plan to eliminate not just CRT, but any radical teachings from our schools. He demands that the 1619 Project be replaced with his 1776 Project, and takes the usual swipes at the Biden Administration and CRT with his usual vitriol. Of course he didn't write the article - it was pretty well shown during his presidency that he doesn't read above a comic-book level - and there's no doubt that it was written by some right-wing activist. But this article is under his name, and will no doubt inspire his followers to attack public schools even more than they already are.

I posted a link to the article below, but I thought that some of his "plan" should be written in full here. It's an amazing document.

"Third, parents have a right to know exactly what is being taught to their children. Last year, many parents had the chance to routinely listen in on classes for the first time because of remote learning. As students return to the classroom, states need to pass laws requiring that all lesson plans have to be made available to parents — every handout, article, and reading should be posted on an online portal that allows parents to see what their kids are being taught. Furthermore, in many places, there are rules preventing students from recording what teachers say in class. States and school boards should establish a “Right to Record.”

"Fourth, parents need to organize locally — in every school district in America — to eliminate “Action Civics” and other versions of the effort to contort traditional civics education into a vehicle for political indoctrination. The left’s new argument is that our “divisions” stem from a lack of “civics education” — a problem they intend to “fix” with lots of new taxpayer money and a redefinition of “civics” in schools, just as they are trying to redefine the meaning of “infrastructure.” (God forbid kids learn to participate in voter registration drives and other civic activities in their communities!)

"Fifth, any parent who objects to the material being taught to their child in public school should get an automatic voucher, empowering them to pick another school of their choice. The government has no right to brainwash students with controversial ideologies against their parents’ will."

"Sixth, states need to take back control of their schools of education and credentialing bodies to ensure they are not churning out radicalized teachers. To be clear, the overwhelming majority of our nation’s teachers are some of the most selfless and wonderful people there are — but regrettably, many have graduated from extremely biased education schools and may not even be aware of the degree to which leftist ideology has permeated their curriculum. States should set up alternative credentialing bodies that can certify great teachers who know how to instill a sense of love for America. School districts can then make it a priority to hire teachers with these certifications, especially for English, history, and social studies roles. States could even set up their own versions of Teach for America to get passionate and patriotic young people into the classroom."

Finally, states need to break the tenure monopoly in public K-12 schools. Tenure was originally supposed to protect competent teachers from being subjected to undue political influence; it has turned into a mechanism to protect incompetent teachers who themselves wield undue political influence over our children. Educators who are alienating children from their own country should not be protected with lifelong tenure; they should be liberated to pursue a career as a political activist.[/I]

So tenure was created to protect good teachers from being fired due to political influence, but now we have to abolish tenure everywhere (it already has been abolished in NC) so we can fire teachers due to political influence. Makes sense.

Here's the Link, courtesy of Donald J. Trump: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2021/06/18/a_plan_to_get_divisive__radical_theories_out_of_our_schools_145946.html

Pure Soviet style propaganda.

Putin is proud of today’s GOP.

K-12 tenure? Is that a thing or is it just trying to use a term that people associate with higher education and those damn lazy liberal professors. K-12 union protections sure, but tenure?

Think this CRT stuff is just a thinly veiled attempt by the GOP to annihilate the public education system. They can't just eliminate it because that would be political suicide. Instead they'll just create these increasingly restrictive regulations on these already underpaid and overworked teachers to the point where the teachers will have no choice but to quit. When they do en masse, the GOP will just proclaim all the quitters were evil leftists who hated America and it's their fault the public education system is ruined. The GOP lemmings will eat that up. They already appointed Betsy DeVos as Education Secretary last time with little objection and her main goal was to privatize the public education system.

Back