• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

Give the D the game ball for an outstanding second half effort. The offense was balanced, efficient and ran clock in the second half when required. Thirty five points should be enough to win and it was.

The Deacon turnovers and penalties disappeared in the second half. I imagine Clawson had a word or two to say about those at halftime.

Celebrate tonight and back to work Sunday on a short week. Plenty to prove and improve.

Haha I just read this entire thread, start to finish, and I gotta say we've got one weird fanbase.

Also, RGIII and Jones were hilarious. Absolute morons at times, sure, but fair to the deacs and fun.

This guy knows something about beating FSU.

Apologies if already posted…

E_mgFMIVUAIkZno

Don’t know if accurate…but it’s on the Internet.

We had more penalties and penalty yards than FSU and still won by three touchdowns. Didn’t see that coming.

They say anything good on Gameday Final? I assume if anything it was about FSU’s struggles.

Interesting to note, the best player for FSU testerday was a walk on. Ward.

I think that is what fired him, if the loss hadn’t. FSU fans were probably embarrassed by that.

It had something to do with the ref making Travis leave the game for what the ref thought was an injury. It was, I guess, a form of protest, though it turned out the kid really was injured.

Deacs might win it all this year

Hope you're right be we can't get overconfident and take things for granted:
UVa next week will be tough. No running game but the QB borders on incredible.
Louisville sucked, but then looked pretty good the other night.
UNC seems to have recovered its offensive panache and its D really stopped UVa's running game. They can score a bunch of points.
NCSU seems to be pretty good, not great, but pretty good.
Clemson's O sucks. Uiagalelei is the most over-introduced QB ever. But they can win games with their D.
BC? Always seems to give us trouble.
Army, 'Cuse, and Duke (despite their showing yesterday) are probably wins.

Game at Army will not be easy. It could be a trap game for them though as it’s between trips to Wisconsin and Air Force.

FSU is doomed even if they get a stellar recruiting class. 6 or 8 on the roster are gone the day the season is over. 3 win season suggests lots fill the transfer portal. Rebuilds are much harder now. The 4/5 stars with NFL dreams are going to leave. N orvell is up against the new dynamics. On the plus side they are aggressively working NIL, and we need to get our shit together on that front. The whole Deacon Club strategy needs a makeover now. Not tomorrow.

Apologies if already posted…

E_mgFMIVUAIkZno

Now if most wouldn't leave at half time (although we had more stay around yesterday than in previous years). Got to give Currie (former WFU student) credit as he is doing everything in his power to get the students to the games. Impressive showing for these first few home games, let's keep it up.
Don’t know if accurate…but it’s on the Internet.

This is so stupid. The kids that worked for stickers in their formative years. Won 5 games in my four years at Wake. 90 % attended every game.

If Wake wins next week, we should head to Army 6-0. After Army, we’ve got Duke @ home. Legitimate chance at 8-0; 7-1 at worst IMO. Also, UNC’s defense is once again shit, NCST lost two starting defensive guys, BC probably won’t have Jurk back for our game, and Clemson is exploitable. I’ll still roll with my prediction of 8-4 (Wake will find a way to lose to a bad team), but there’s a real chance here for 9-10 if some things go our way.

Back