• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

My statement that our best chance at winning would be for FSU to shoot themselves in the foot enough times. Well, they fulfilled their part for sure. Big TOs led to no points, PFs gave us 1st downs instead of punting 3 times, all which led to scores, IIRC.

My statement that our best chance at winning would be for FSU to shoot themselves in the foot enough times. Well, they fulfilled their part for sure. Big TOs led to no points, PFs gave us 1st downs instead of punting 3 times, all which led to scores, IIRC.
All true. Then again, we could have easily laid 50 on them. We were in the four corners for most of the second half.

Yep - You definitely nailed your predictions for the FSU game:

Anyone else feeling FSU will take us to the woodshed? If they don't shoot themselves in the foot 10 times or more, they should easily win. Either QB can kill us. I envision multiple FSU TDs of 3-4 play drives and 2-4 long play TDs. Their D speed will be a problem for our execution and ho-hum offense.

I could see a game like our last ND game at home. Couldn't stop them on D and our O had Hartman, Jamie, and Hinton and we had limited production.

The difference in recruiting class rankings will be evident in our FSU game.

Looking forward to your predictions of the UVA woodshedding this week

Wake won the game physically and outgained them by 170 yards. It wasn't a fluke that wake won.

We had more penalties and more penalty yards than FSU

Always kind of wonder how somebody could get so much enjoyment out of being an anti fan.

80Deacon also openly roots for the WF baseball team to lose and Diamond Deac players to fail in the pro's. He's either a troll or a dumbass either way his opinions are meaningless.

We beat FSU. In the immortal words of Han Solo - "Great, kid! Don't get cocky ..."

80Deacon also openly roots for the WF baseball team to lose and Diamond Deac players to fail in the pro's. He's either a troll or a dumbass either way his opinions are meaningless.

But still tried to come back for a victory lap somehow after we dominated every facet of the game. You really have to hope that he's just a troll, the alternative is a little too sad.

I thought Sam played one of the best games of his career. Morin didn’t have a big game on the box score but he had some huge catches that helped keep us in a position to win. Miles Fox had the most dominate game by a Wake DT I’ve seen in a while. Roberson had an off game. I liked how all 3 RBs played and I’m pretty confused by the comments otherwise. FSU has a legit D line, and we consistently found success in the running game, even when they knew it was coming.

We ran for over 220 yd against a Florida state defense that gave up 65 yds rushing to Notre Dame.

Two weeks ago, Notre Dame rushed for 65 yards yards on 35 carries against FSU's D. The Noles stoned the Irish upfront. Yesterday, WF ran for 225 yards on 58 carries.

I thought Sam played one of the best games of his career. Morin didn’t have a big game on the box score but he had some huge catches that helped keep us in a position to win. Miles Fox had the most dominate game by a Wake DT I’ve seen in a while. Roberson had an off game. I liked how all 3 RBs played and I’m pretty confused by the comments otherwise. FSU has a legit D line, and we consistently found success in the running game, even when they knew it was coming.

It's nice to have grown up men playing on your side. Miles Fox has been a beast for the Wake D. His age and experience are showing as he is destroying opponents' O-lines.

Even after they got their asses whipped they still didn’t give us any respect. I listened in through the Twitter link to the War Chant call in show for about 5 minutes and both the hosts said that Wake wasn’t a good team. We should have run up the score on those spoiled little bitches.

Even after they got their asses whipped they still didn’t give us any respect. I listened in through the Twitter link to the War Chant call in show for about 5 minutes and both the hosts said that Wake wasn’t a good team. We should have run up the score on those spoiled little bitches.

I so wanted Wake to punch it in when it was first and goal on about the five yard line with a minute to go. Keep that 40+ points per game string alive.

Clawson is a class act and so is Wake. We even had a tribute to Bobby Bowden painted on the visitor side bricks. No chance we were going to run up the score unnecessarily. You don’t do that just because the opposing fan base is full of idiots.

If we were playing Duke or State, I’m all for it. And I assume Clawson is as well. Remember the Duke game against Daniel Jones?

Clawson is a class act and so is Wake. We even had a tribute to Bobby Bowden painted on the visitor side bricks. No chance we were going to run up the score unnecessarily. You don’t do that just because the opposing fan base is full of idiots.

If we were playing Duke or State, I’m all for it. And I assume Clawson is as well. Remember the Duke game against Daniel Jones?

Norvell's stunt of sending his QB back out on the field to lie down after an official had sent thevQB off for potential injury was not a class act.

Another TD or two might make national press take notice of Li'l Ole Wake Forest. Score twice as many on the FSU defense as the ballyhooed Notre Dame.

Bowden's teams ran up the score on Wake more than once.

That’s fine. He’s not coaching against Bowden. I think the score appropriately reflected how badly we dominated them. I wanted to see Kern in there at the end, but I was fine with quick handoffs too.

Great win, Deacs. I could watch that three more times (and might). LOWF no more. Team A simply imposed its will upon Team B. That was no upset and it could have been worse. Stick taps to Clawson, Ruggerio and Hemphill. Complete shellacking in all three phases.

Back