• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Football Coaching Carousel

Either one of those would be great in that they'd be terrible.

I like Monken, but good luck.

Garrett sucks.

I had assumed this was going to be Elko's job after yesterday.

Monken would be a good hire. He's won a lot of games at Army. If he brings the TO to Durham that would be a PITA every season to deal with.

Jason Garrett would be LOL bad and I need this to happen.

Elko gonna get another million at least from the Aggies. Duke getting played.

I’m very curious as to how Garrett even got in the conversation for the Duke job. He has zero college coaching experience or connections to the college game that I can see. Gotta figure that would be a spectacular failure.

I’m very curious as to how Garrett even got in the conversation for the Duke job. He has zero college coaching experience or connections to the college game that I can see. Gotta figure that would be a spectacular failure.

He went to Princeton! Duke!

Maybe so, but the only concern is that he would rake it in on the recruiting trail by throwing around all the NFL connections.

If Duke hires Monken are they going to go as a full on option team in a Power V conference? It would be a pain in the ass to play against the offense every year, and Duke could recruit better athletes than Army; they would win some games, but this could actually help WF in recruiting as WF goes head to head often with Duke, and no quality receivers or quarterbacks will want to play in that offense.

Elko would be a great hire as well. Would be interesting to see how quickly he turns around that sad sack defense.

Jason Garrett. That's funny. Bring on the Red Jesus.

If Duke hires Monken are they going to go as a full on option team in a Power V conference? It would be a pain in the ass to play against the offense every year, and Duke could recruit better athletes than Army; they would win some games, but this could actually help WF in recruiting as WF goes head to head often with Duke, and no quality receivers or quarterbacks will want to play in that offense.

Elko would be a great hire as well. Would be interesting to see how quickly he turns around that sad sack defense.

Jason Garrett. That's funny. Bring on the Red Jesus.

Worked for Georgia Tech until it didn't

Eventually we’d be prepared to defend it regularly, and where we would gain a potential advantage is that our Atlantic division colleagues would have to face it in the occasional one off game and they wouldn’t be as prepared for it.

We've already been through this with Tech.

Worked for Georgia Tech until it didn't

It was an overall success though, no? 4 ACC title games, 2 Orange Bowls. He had 1 awful season in 2015, not sure exactly what happened there but looks like they a ton of close losses.

The also had some huge wins over ranked opponents during that span. When that offense got rolling, it was very difficult to stop.

Monken is a Johnson disciple, and also won a ton at Georgia Southern like Johnson did. He would be a good choice for Duke and if he does bring the TO, that makes sense for their program given where they are right now.

Back