• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

At this point there is no way to convince me that the officiating is not rigged against the Hornets. Last night, in a 4-point loss to the Nuggets, the Nuggets had 16 second half FT attempts. The Hornets, who drive from the perimeter to the basket more aggressively than just about any other team in the NBA, had 1. 1, at home, in the second half of a back and forth game. Okay. This includes a play where LaMelo got fouled thee times on one drive with no call at the end of the third quarter, and Harrell getting an immediate two-tech-ejection for "taunting" after Austin Rivers rolled on his ankle and then Aaron Gordon shoved him as he was walking away.

I think I've said it on here before, but Lauren Holtcamp should never be allowed to ref another Hornets game. She is either clearly on the take or so horribly incompetent that she should be fired on the spot. Every game she refs is a disaster. Nobody can be that atrocious.

What about those that had the Hornets +3.5? That sucked.

Which one of you is in Philly tonight?

e59dfde48f17628882f75769833e0967.jpg

Mavs up 57-33 on the Lakers with no Lebron or AD. If the Lakers lose, they'll be tied with the Spurs for the 10 spot and 1 game behind the Pels for 9.

Last edited:
Well if you have those seats, tell James Borrego I said hello.

Pretty sick block for Giannis for the win tonight, thought he blew it at the line, but redeemed it. Big W for the Bucks, though I think the Sixers have an easier run in.

Gotta say, really surprising 2&2 doesn't like the female official.

He doesn't like any of them, but he know her by name. That tracks.

And yeah, Jokic, Giannis, Embiid. No shame in finishing 3rd on that list.

good thing the lakers game was on tv! i’m sure it’s more complicated than i’m imagining but really wish they do more flex scheduling.

Looks like PG is healthy.

I think the full squad Clippers will beat the T-Wolves and bulldoze Ja in a 4-1 series like the 2001 Finals. Ja will lead the Grizz to a high energy Game 1 win and then PG and Kawhi will just shut them down after that.

Suns are going to finish something like 67-15 and potentially face a full-squad Clips team with PG and Kawhi in the first round. Doesn't seem right.

Crazy but not-so-crazy idea that I know has been discussed before - allow seeds 1-3 in the conference to choose draft-style who they want to face in the 1st round (#1 seed picks first, #2 second, etc). It would incentivize teams to try to finish the season strong and get as high as possible in the top 3, as well as reduce some of the tanking/manipulating that goes on near the end of the season in an attempt to dodge a dangerous lower seed that had injuries/issues during the year (Nets, Clips). You could argue teams locked in the 5-8 seed range near the end of the season would be disincentivized to finish out strong, but of course the play-in tournament helps with that. You would also probably get some decent rivalries and buzz around matchups since the whole idea would essentially force teams to implicate which opponents they aren't scared of.

Last edited:
That's not a bad idea. The drama would be off the charts even for the NBA.

Jokic
Giannis
Embiid.

He doesn't like any of them, but he know her by name. That tracks.

And yeah, Jokic, Giannis, Embiid. No shame in finishing 3rd on that list.

this is what RAPTOR rankings look like too

i don't buy the defensive numbers for jokic via eye test, but it's clear to me he's the best player in the league

The idea of picking your opponent would be an interesting twist. Could lead to some teams feeling disrespected if they were picked by a higher ranked team than the record said they should play. Say the #1 picks the #5 or#6 finisher rather than the #8. The team that got "disrespected" might play with a big chip on its shoulder.

Before the Rob Williams injury, I would have had it:

Bucks
Celtics

Nets

Sixers
Heat

Now I'm afraid it's:

Bucks

Celtics
Nets

Sixers
Heat

Sounds like there's some optimism he could return in 4-6 weeks, so sometime around the second round.

Back