• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

Yea the NY State dept of Health makes their decisions based on how they affect the Charlotte Hornets continued attempts to surpass the perpetual 8 seed.

The ordinance affected one guy. You don't think they called the NBA before making the decision to lift it? If Silver said he wanted to make an example out of him and keep him locked out at home for the entire season, you don't think they would have kept it in place?

Yea the NY State dept of Health makes their decisions based on how they affect the Charlotte Hornets continued attempts to surpass the perpetual 8 seed.

Decision to change Covid rules was driven in significant part by the situations of the Yankees and Mets. New York doesn't want them at a disadvantage while playing at home.

Kyrie is a collateral beneficiary.

I didn't think CP3 could get my hopes up again after losing it being up 2-0 in the finals, but the Suns do seem to be world beaters

Whatever they just sprayed on that ball definitely favors the Nets and screws the Hornets

Im pretty much only interested in the hornets being up 11 vs the nets to dispel 2&2 consipirarcy takes on the boards

I didn't think CP3 could get my hopes up again after losing it being up 2-0 in the finals, but the Suns do seem to be world beaters

Sixers are #elite at blowing 20 point leads

Im pretty much only interested in the hornets being up 11 vs the nets to dispel 2&2 consipirarcy takes on the boards

Lamelo is shooting like 70% from three but I’m guessing the agriculture commissioner is gonna show up shortly and foul things up for our Hornets

It's nuts CP3 is pretty much all over the all time recordbook, but needs to play another 7 years at his current pace to make a run at Stockton

LOL Lakers. They gave up a ton of players and assets to the Pelicans for AD and he can't even stay healthy enough to beat the Pelicans to stay in contention for the play-in games. And the Pels will get their lottery pick if they don't make it. Well, at least they got their bubble championship.

The Spurs are one game back of the Lakers for the last spot.

Last edited:
LOL Lakers. They gave up a ton of players and assets to the Pelicans for AD and he can't even stay healthy enough to beat the Pelicans to stay in contention for the play-in games. And the Pels will get their lottery pick if they don't make it. Well, at least they got their bubble championship.

The Spurs are one game back of the Lakers for the last spot.

Spurs next 4 games at @Hou, vs MEM, vs POR, vs POR. I believe they have the tiebreak on the Lakers as well. Lakers are as good as out.

Th refs did their best to throw that one but luckily LaMelo and Bridges (and Cody Martin) were too much. And Kyrie was not the shot in the arm that Brooklyn thought he would be.

shot in the arm. nice.

can the league really let the lakers slide out?

Some quick Spurs donk talk.

I've gone back and forth on tank vs. try, but now it looks like it would be tough to tank anyway. The Spurs are a bad team. Last year's team was 33-39 (.458). This team is 30-44. But making the play-in in a season no one talked about the Spurs except when Pop got the record would be an accomplishment. DeRozan left and helped the Bulls make the playoffs. The Spurs traded Derrick White to the Celtics who helped spur their incredible run after the trade deadline. Yet this team could go right back to the 10 spot after losing two of their three best players. Getting the 10 seed would make the Spurs a more attractive sign-and-trade destination. A rebuilding/inventory year that still ends up in the play-in is a success.

I think the Nets are gonna catch the Cavs for the 6 seed. Will be interesting to watch how teams manage the end of the season to avoid playing the Nets. A potential tankathon for the 4 seed could happen.

Embiid and Harden just ain't on KD and Kyrie's level.

Y'all are forgetting Kyrie.

So much this.

Windhorst: "The sides are definitely communicating and definitely making progress."

Woj: "Right now, there's no negotiation going on between Brooklyn and Philadelphia. The idea that they're going back and forth as surmised by some ... I don't believe that to be accurate."

Just comical.

Scenario C and the most likely outcome: Harden doesn't get traded, Durant returns from injury in a month, and Harden is like, "OK, let's go win a title, boys."

The idea that the Nets would voluntarily pair up Harden and Embiid to get back a mental question mark who hasn't played in 9 months and is due $35+ million for 3 more years after this one...I just can't wrap my head around it. Sure, Harden may walk after this season, but I'd let the season play out. Talent is talent, and there's a reason why they're still the favorites in Vegas. Some of these anti-Harden takes are crazy. The Sixers wouldn't be any better with James Harden than they are right now? That is absolutely insane. My gut says Harden is more so tired of having to carry more weight than he expected (no pun intended) with the KD injury and Kyrie nonsense in essentially meaningless regular season games than he is checked out on the franchise all together (which is still inexcusable and lame, of course). The Windhorst-Klutch connection is pretty easy to see through. But I guess we'll see.

Ha, I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'm sticking with my prediction that the Sixers are stuck with him until summer 2023.

Idk guess I just confused your interest in them and hatred for the Sixers with rooting for them.

Back