• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

why would anybody want to be the closest thing to Kobe

Same reason Kobe wanted to be the closest thing to Jordan.

The comps are a little silly tbh. Kobe had won 3 ships by the time he was Tatum’s age. As much as I make fun of Tatum, he’s a better three point shooter and more efficient scorer than Kobe, and it isn’t close. Different eras of the game. Tatum is fearless but he isn’t Mamba fearless. It may be Tatum’s best comp but also maybe there isn’t a good one for Tatum yet.

So who in the league right now do you think is the closest to Kobe?

And who would be a more appropriate Tatum comp for a 9 year old who barely knows any NBA players?

Not faulting you Ph, it’s a fine comp for a 9 year old who doesn’t know what eFG% is. He’s definitely the closest we have to a modern Kobe.

giannis is the closest thing we have to a modern magic johnson

CP had 17/4/13/1/1 in 30 min in his first game back, a 140-130 win over the Nuggets.

Kawhi hasn't played all season and PG has been out how long? clippers hype seems like wishful thinking to me but i'd love to be wrong. as great as they are, what are the chances they can put it together that fast? and stay healthy for the playoff grind?

Last edited:
Kawhi hasn't played all season and PG has been out how long? clippers hype seems like wishful thinking to me but i'd love to be wrong. as great as they are, what are the chances they can put it together that fast? and stay healthy for the playoff grind?

I am not as worried about them putting it together as I am about injuries or their bodies (whether working off kinks or getting injured again). Unless that is what you meant about putting it together. The core of this team has been together long enough that I think they will be fine jumping back into play.

But on the whole, I am with you on Clippers hype. I am not terribly optimistic about their chances. I just also find it fascinating that arguably the team that matches up with Suns best on paper is a healthy Clips

you'd think a Mavs fan might be wary of the Clippers in the playoffs

What? I said I think they have the best chance to beat the Suns

I also said that I am not sure they will be healthy or stay healthy. That team bothers nobody in its current form. But with Kawhi and PG they will be very very good

Of course after losing to the sorry Knicks the Hornets go out and beat Utah. 6-1 over the last 7 and setting up a massive game in Brooklyn tomorrow for the 8th seed. Of course it will be Kyrie's first game in Brooklyn, so he'll drop 60 as the NBA rigging is more obvious than ever.

"Hey Adam, this is the NYC dept of health, we have this ordinance that never made any sense but really only applies to one guy anywhere, and he plays in your league, we're going to lift it when do you think we should?" "Ah funny you should ask, there is a team coming in battling them for the 8th seed next weekend, we really need Brooklyn to win that game for playoff ratings. I'll be sure the refs get their envelope, but if you could make sure Kyrie plays so nothing is in doubt, that would be great."

Yea the NY State dept of Health makes their decisions based on how they affect the Charlotte Hornets continued attempts to surpass the perpetual 8 seed.

Sixers are finally getting the Tobias Harris piece of the puzzle fitting into place. Embiid and Harden seem to be figuring things out. Maxey and Thybulle seems to have found their roles. Now if the Sixers had a backup center...

Back