• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

yeah, and they were on the second night of a back-to-back against the bulls last night, but in a league that is just overstuffed with good players, Toronto is nothing special -- especially on offense

they play hard and they defend well and squeeze out enough of their offense to be competitive

to me, the metric of a good coach is whether or not the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, and I think in Toronto it certainly is

similar with boston imho

their defense is stifling, big part of why they've risen so far

nurse is a great coach but also don't sleep on FVV who is a legit two-way stud.

i really like a lot of their role players too. they seem one dude away (i suppose a kawhi leonard type)

i really like a lot of their role players too. they seem one dude away (i suppose a kawhi leonard type)

this is true, but it feels like they're also doing the player identification and development stuff really super well, which also comes back to coaching (and front office).

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - JC and Steph out indefinitely

CP could come back as soon as tomorrow. I picked him up off waivers in jaybone’s fantasy league.

They’re one dude away because over the last few years they’ve lost that one dude three times (DeRozan, Kawhi, Lowry). They’ve also lost two guys in Poeltl and Valancuinas who became good centers and Gasol who was a great center.

But VanVleet has already become a dude, Siakam could still become a dude, and OG and Barnes have dude potential so they’re fine.

The Raptors made the playoffs six straight seasons before last season. They basically did a one year rebuild while stuck in Tampa, got Barnes, and now they’re back.

Last edited:
They’re one dude away because over the last few years they’ve lost that one dude three times (DeRozan, Kawhi, Lowry). VanVleet has already become a dude, Siakam could still become a dude, and OG and Barnes have dude potential.

I mean I dont think they were with DeRozan, which is why they needed Kawhi.

I agree though that this team with a star would be fantastic

DeRozen is a better (more complete) player now than when he was in Toronto.

you watch Siakim out there on offense and at times it looks like he shouldn't even be in the league, much less with an ASG appearance under his belt

Nurse is a wizard

and Masai is clearly one of the best execs in the league

I mean I dont think they were with DeRozan, which is why they needed Kawhi.

I agree though that this team with a star would be fantastic

DeRozan was a perennial All-Star and along with Lowry kept them at or near the top of the East. He's a more complete player now, but we still don't know if he's a playoff guy which he certainly wasn't in Toronto.

Some big games coming up here. Minnesota vs Denver could be for the 6/7 seed (Minny has the tiebreak locked). GSW/MEM could be for the 2/3. Charlotte/Nets could be for the 8/9.

Philly, minus Embiid and Harden, beat a full strength Heat. One day after losing to Toronto. WTF?

If Jazz beat the Warriors without Steph they'll be 1 back and have the tiebreaker. Warriors might drop to the 4/5 spot after an ugly loss to Orlando blowing a lead in the 4th. Mavs have an easy schedule remaining and the tiebreak over the Dubs as well 3 games back.

Last edited:

Let him score 40 a game and watch them lose to the Ja-less Grizz, see if I GAF

Butler going at it with Spo and Haslem

Last edited:
Back