• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021-22 NBA Offseason Thread - Warriors extend Poole and Wiggins

on another note, not a big fan of the play-in
The Pelicans are 13 games under .500 and would be the 10 seed in the play-in if the season ended today. I'm sorry, but there's gotta be a minimum threshold a team has to reach to be included. Otherwise you're just kinda making a mockery of the regular season.

on another note, not a big fan of the play-in

The Pelicans are 13 games under .500 and would be the 10 seed in the play-in if the season ended today. I'm sorry, but there's gotta be a minimum threshold a team has to reach to be included. Otherwise you're just kinda making a mockery of the regular season.

Completely disagree. It discourages tanking. It's a great innovation and accounts for how injuries impact the game. What if Zion comes back 60 lbs lighter and just as dominant as last year?

Completely disagree. It discourages tanking. It's a great innovation and accounts for how injuries impact the game. What if Zion comes back 60 lbs lighter and just as dominant as last year?

Agreed. A great example of the anti-tanking is the trade deadline. Had a few teams make trades for a play in push this year

Good thing I’m watching the NCAAT Spurs down 31 at the half. Feels like tanking after Pops record.

Luka didn’t seem into it tonight @tejas

Yeah gonna be hard for Mavs to win when he goes 5-20.

The 1-3-1 seemed to really flummox them, which is strange because coming into the game they were the top team in NBA statistically against the Zone.

That being said if you had told me before the road trip that we would go 2-1 against Celtics, Nets, and Philly I would have gladly taken it.

Tomorrow night against Charlotte will be interesting. Wonder if they come out sharp after loss or look like they are defeated and have heavy legs on the back to back

Good thing I’m watching the NCAAT Spurs down 31 at the half. Feels like tanking after Pops record.

The Spurs aren't going to leapfrog the Lakers. They lost the first game of the 8 game "rodeo road trip." And then when that's over, their next five games are Kings, @Hornets, Lakers, Raptors, Jazz.

I think they'll get the record for Pop and do a respectable tank the rest of the way unless they end up trading their pick.

The Kings seem to be going all in but they've got some tough games.

The Spurs and Blazers are currently both 2.5 games out of the play-in. The Blazers have 13 games left. The Spurs have 11 games left. They play each other three times (Mar 23, Apr 1, Apr 3). That will be interesting to watch. Both teams are two games ahead of the Kings for the #6 pick. The Kings are 4.5 games out of the play-in so they're pretty close to being done.

Luka might have the worst supporting cast of any superstar in the league. He has 37 after 3Q and Mavs are down 20

hornets up 30 rn, subs coming in. sorry the hornets have to play in a stacked east instead of a soft west

jeremy lamb is on the kings. for me he’s the most forgettable player in the league relative to how much he has consistently played over the years.

Lakers ain't even making the playin game if the Spurs can hold off the dubs tonight. 4 of the next 6 for the Spurs are Portland 3x, 1x HOU. Lakers meanwhile only have one easy game left at OKC, and two important games vs the Pellies they have to win both to stay ahead of.

Official 2021-22 NBA Season Thread - JC and Steph out indefinitely

I guess Pop and Keldon Johnson forgot how to tank tonight. I don’t see the Spurs making up 2.5 games on the Lakers no matter how bad the schedule is. But I also don’t see the Lakers winning at the Pels then winning “at” the healthy Clips, or healthy Nugs who just slid into a tie with the T-Wolves.

We did Spring Break in Colorado. I’ve been looking forward to Celtics-Nuggets tonight all season only to see Jokic have one of his worst games of the season going 8-23 from the field in a blowout loss. Oh well. I got to chant “MVP” and see Tatum and Brown score 30 each on 11-17 and 12-19 respectively. My 9 year old considers himself an NBA fan now and my wife enjoyed it so I consider it a win.

Last edited:
FWIW, sort of an amazing end to Spurs/GS, last 30-40 sort of went like:

- Tie game
- GS with ball, Spurs foul with 18 sec left with 1st under 4, shot clock reset to 14
- GS with miss and rb
- GS with miss and I believe long rb that was going out of bounds
- GS apparently saves ball, debatable if guys foot touched out, no review
- GS has ball with 3.7 or so, Spurs called for foul
- GS makes 1 ft misses second
- Spurs Poertl get rb but is fouled
- Spurs, Jakob, makes 1st (tie game), misses second badly
- Spurs, Keldon J puts the rb back with 3 GS guys around him

It was just a crazy last 4 sec.

Starters were +32, bench was -56 against the Raps last night.

Apetit was right about DAJ. Backup C will always be a problem for the Sixers I guess.

Ty Maxey tho.

The swings with this team man. Beat the full squad Heat tonight without Embiid or Harden.

The home stretch in the East is going to crazy. The Hornets have won 5 straight and seem to finally be figuring out how to win without Gordo (just in time for him to come back and fuck that up). They became the first team in NBA history to have three straight games of 30+ assists and < 10 TOs.

But still a game behind the Nets for 8th and three games behind the Raptors for 7th. I think they are more likely to catch the Raptors than the Nets, but we'll see. 4 games behind the Cavs for 6th and I could see those wheels coming off but there is not much time left to make a move. Need to get out of the 9/10 situation.

Raptors roster is not that talented, relatively speaking

Nurse is a hell of a coach

Back