• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 5: Kennesaw State Owls - Tuesday 8 pm - ACCN

A note on the Emerald Coast Classic. Our first game is 9:30 vs Oregon State on Friday. According to the CBSSN website, the championship game is at 7:00, so if we win we play 19 hours later. This set up will challenge our depth. Not to mention we come back for Northwestern on Tuesday.

Three games vs. major conference teams in five days. Things will get real real quick.

deacs play some really bad teams

Yeah, there is no doubt that the OOC schedule is especially cupcake heavy this year. With how shitty Oregon State has turned out to be, the potential matchup against LSU is the only game of note (depending on what you think about a pretty meh Northwestern).

But Forbes has made it clear that he views it as his job to put together a schedule that fits the team (and his goals) each season. Seems pretty obvious that he wanted a bunch of warm-ups before heading into the 20 game ACC schedule.

Makes sense given the overhauled roster... Need them to have some experience playing together. Also want to rack up some wins given we haven't had a winning season since Collins was here.

I'd expect us to play a tougher OOC schedule once he gets things turned around.

Yeah. No complaints about the OOC. We have a decent chance to get to the VT game with a 8-0 record. We should have at least 10 wins before conference play starts in earnest. Forbes can try different lineups and get Marsh, McCray, and Taylor some more experience. If we get to the point where SOS keeps us out of the NCAAT, so be it.

This is 100% the year to have an easier schedule. Makes complete sense to rack up some wins. Our fanbase needs it. Which is why I’m not worried about attendance. If we went to the ACC season already behind the eight ball it would be bad news, but instead we’re going to have some momentum and the fans will come around.

We couldn’t have predicted Oregon State would be so bad, and if they were a top 100 team then this is a pretty fine non conference schedule if you add the usual Xavier game. Going forward I think you’d want a good MTE, one marquee home game (B10 ACC challenge can provide that sometimes) and a good road game, which can also be provided in the conference challenge. 4 top 100 games and the rest in the 150-300 range would keep our SOS from hurting as and can provide a couple games to get excited about as a fanbase.

Walton still the starter for now but we will see how it plays out if we have 3 to choose from moving forward. I dont expect it to change for a while unless production continues to differ by a lot.

It would be good to know if Marsh could play 25 effective minutes if necessary (foul trouble, injuries etc.) Or only a few carefully managed minutes. If Marsh can play effectively, then Forbes options on matchups go way up. He can create matchup problems for opponents and have lots of counters to opponents attempts at creating matchup problems.

It would be good to know if Marsh could play 25 effective minutes if necessary (foul trouble, injuries etc.) Or only a few carefully managed minutes. If Marsh can play effectively, then Forbes options on matchups go way up. He can create matchup problems for opponents and have lots of counters to opponents attempts at creating matchup problems.
By all accounts he can absolutely play more than just a few minutes. He’s a physical beast and has good hands and great mobility for his size.

Late steam on the Deacs. Line up to 19.5. Kind of crazy given that the A&T line was 13, and the two teams (A&T and KSU) are comparable. Also, the team heads to Florida after this game to play tough games. Kind of a look ahead spot. If anything, might lean to KSU +19.5 (they lost to two teams ranked 30 spots ahead of WF by 19 and 7). Will pass.

By all accounts he can absolutely play more than just a few minutes. He’s a physical beast and has good hands and great mobility for his size.

Just looking for verification of this in this cupcake game. He missed a lot of practice time and the earlier cupcake games.

Late steam on the Deacs. Line up to 19.5. Kind of crazy given that the A&T line was 13, and the two teams (A&T and KSU) are comparable. Also, the team heads to Florida after this game to play tough games. Kind of a look ahead spot. If anything, might lean to KSU +19.5 (they lost to two teams ranked 30 spots ahead of WF by 19 and 7). Will pass.

Thoughts on the O/U of 146.5? We have scored pretty freely in these games and Kennesaw has scored relatively well outside of their game against Creighton. I think in a blowout we score enough to make this hit, and if Kennesaw keeps it close it will likely be due to them managing to hit 3s, which would also lead to an over.

Thoughts on the O/U of 146.5? We have scored pretty freely in these games and Kennesaw has scored relatively well outside of their game against Creighton. I think in a blowout we score enough to make this hit, and if Kennesaw keeps it close it will likely be due to them managing to hit 3s, which would also lead to an over.

The numbers would put the score around 83-64 or so. If the game is fast paced, the teams could easily hit the over.

Just looking for verification of this in this cupcake game. He missed a lot of practice time and the earlier cupcake games.

with 3 bigs now, Forbes can play each in 4-5 min stretches so no one is taxed. Feel he will be fine but Marsh's recovery from Sat will be great to see and then build endurance.

We couldn’t have predicted Oregon State would be so bad, and if they were a top 100 team then this is a pretty fine non conference schedule if you add the usual Xavier game. Going forward I think you’d want a good MTE, one marquee home game (B10 ACC challenge can provide that sometimes) and a good road game, which can also be provided in the conference challenge. 4 top 100 games and the rest in the 150-300 range would keep our SOS from hurting as and can provide a couple games to get excited about as a fanbase.

if we finish top half of ACC and they punk us over SOS, then so be it. That will be MAJOR strides for the program.

Back for my first basketball game in 10 years, with wife and baby in tow.

Any suggestions on parking?

It has changed a lot in 10 years. You can park wherever you want the lots and arena will be mostly empty. I think it's like $15 if you park between the Joel and the Annex.

if we finish top half of ACC and they punk us over SOS, then so be it. That will be MAJOR strides for the program.

When you play 20 ACC games your SOS takes care of itself for the most part, even in a bad year for the conference. It shouldn't be bad enough to keep us out unless the bubble is packed with other power 6 teams.

Great news (well, not the $15; hopefully there is faculty parking :)). Thanks.

Great news (well, not the $15; hopefully there is faculty parking :)). Thanks.

Haha not great news to me I'd rather parking be difficult and the arena be packed. It will be crowded this year once we are playing big games.

My suggestion is not to do it with baby in tow. Could get awkward.

Back