• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 16: Cuse Is In The House - Saturday 2 pm - Bally Sports

I like Mucius a lot and I’m glad he made the right decision to stay and play for Forbes. He’s having a good season. But under no circumstances should he have the most shots on the team, especially considering such a high percentage of them are coming from 3. He should not be taking as many shots as Williams. He should be the 4th offensive option when Williamson is back.

My only problem with Mucius' 3's was that he wasn't trying to go inside at all. In fact, I believe his only made shot in the 2nd half was when he was trapped in the corner but drove to the hoop for an and 1.

His shots were mostly open and in the context of our offense. As a team we just shouldn't be taking 37 3's, especially when we are shooting 30% against a team that is weak inside.

Our rally in the 2nd half really happened once we tossed it into Walton, then we started probing the interior.

We don’t really want Mucius to go inside. That’s not his game.

We don’t really want Mucius to go inside. That’s not his game.

Yea but if his shot isn’t falling, then he has to stop shooting and learn how to affect the game in other ways.

Yea but if his shot isn’t falling, then he has to stop shooting and learn how to affect the game in other ways.

Sure. Like cutting to the basket. But we don’t want him passing up open shots.

Most of Mucius’s makes are within the rhythm of our offense. If he pulls back on the heat check attempts, we can likely get a better look elsewhere. We definitely want him shooting open shots, though.

I'm not saying change his game but he made 4 3's in the first half, then missed the rest, the only shot he made after that was the baseline move he made. I don't think his line should be 4-14 from 3 and 1-1 from 2.

Based on that dook will just be in his face all night because they don't think he'll drive at all. There is no reason he can't drive 2-3 times a game to keep the defense honest.

Just look at 'cuse, we knew they wanted to shoot 3's and we continuously pressured them on the outside and ran them off the line, that's why the shot like crap. Be one dimensional and you can be taken out of what you want to do.

Most of Mucius’s makes are within the rhythm of our offense. If he pulls back on the heat check attempts, we can likely get a better look elsewhere. We definitely want him shooting open shots, though.

This. Mucius should not be trying to create his own shots. I'm cool running a few plays to get him easy buckets now and then. Build confidence. Take assisted threes while running the offense. He could easily be a double digit scorer most nights with the occasional hot hand explosion.

Yall are just missing Jonah Antonio who would be killing it for the Deacs playing alongside Alondes this season

Back