• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 16: Cuse Is In The House - Saturday 2 pm - Bally Sports

I don’t think this is true. I could be wrong but I would guess that a teams percentage of losing down 2 with the other team on the line with 11 secs left is much higher than the chances of them winning.

LOL at Miles Lester’s response.

I don’t think this is true. I could be wrong but I would guess that a teams percentage of losing down 2 with the other team on the line with 11 secs left is much higher than the chances of them winning.

That’s not exactly what I meant. I’m saying it’s not a stretch of imagination at all for a team to win in that situation and something similar probably happens every single weekend of the season. But yes, the team up 2 with the ball is indeed favored at that moment , but the game is not Over and so much can still happen.

More importantly though, Manman is a stud and Steve Forbes can really coach. I love this team and the direction we are heading

Last edited:
Had to run out right after the came so I missed all the post game mea culpa's by posters, but what I learned from the game thread

- At half time Walton was- worthless and should be taken out - 2nd have he is great, but soft (I'll take a soft dunk to tie the game and soft blocks to keep us in the game any day, I know some of our past player would have slammed that off the back of the rim)
- Whitt - first half, not ACC talent etc, second half brilliantly carves up the zone (but I'd agree he needs to make a few shots)
- Zeke a great player in the first half - not smart in the second
- One possession game in the last minute, the team is playing it's heart out, but with time left on the clock we can't win - 11+ sec left. Cuse with the ball up 2, Wake not in the penalty. Cuse in bounding on the sideline in front of Wake bench. Foul immediately, moves inbouds closer to baseline. Wake goes for steal and gets a fortunate call (I think it was off us but not clear) as Teddy decided it was 'cuse's turn to be screwed. Wake ball. Ball in the hands of our best player, who could have forced a 3 for the win but hits an open Walton to tie the game.

All that being said, I get it, we've sucked for so long. And it's been so long since we've won a game like this that actually mattered.

Since I'm old and remember all these random Wake moments, Wake @ Clemson I believe in 1981. Wake had sucked for the entire Staak era, Odom came in the year before, the team had no idea how to win games they should. Wake down 10 late at Clemson in a game we should be able to win. A freshman named Childress goes off and hits a 3 to put the game into OT. Wake wins in OT, from that point forward Wake left behind it's recent sorry losing history to become a top tier ACC team.

The future will tell us if today was that type of game, but it sure felt like it. We played to win, we made winning plays, we stepped up our defense when we needed it, sure we made some mistakes but most of those were because we were aggressive and not because of low basketball IQ.

The Deacons missed too many free throws when it counted. They took too many ill advised three point shots. They got beat on the boards. They committed too many turnovers. Plenty of Problems.

They also played some good defense the last six minutes of the first half and the final 20 minutes of the game. Wake held Syracuse to 25 points the final 20 minutes of the game. The D in overtime was outstanding man to man. Syracuse isolated the defender and dared the Deacons to stop them. Every Deacon responded with shut down D. The Orange hit their first OT field goal. 0-7 after that. Defense overcame all of the problems I listed in the first paragraph. Defense wins games. A GGTT win.

Random thoughts that are way late and nobody will care to read:

We are better than Syracuse, but we were lucky to escape with a win. Lots of mistakes and missed a ton of important FTs down the stretch in regulation. I might have scared my kids by yelling at the TV (Mucius stepping out, Sy losing the ball, Mucius getting an important loose ball and then giving it right back, etc).

Walton is who he is. And I’d love him to come back for another year. Amazing how many minutes he is giving us given his injury history. But he had an absolutely horrid couple of minutes in the first half.

Mucius shot way too much, BUT with no Williamson he’s by far the biggest 3 point threat we have. So I kind of get it.

We definitely shot too many 3s when the play was to get their bigs in foul trouble and feast on their weak bench.

Whitt has to be a better shooter than he showed today. Some of those perimeter shots were just awful. But as others have pointed out, he rebounded, defended, and distributed very well. Nice game for him overall.

Thought our defense was very good overall. Our size clearly bothered their scorers (other than Jimmy, who fucking blows).

Good win. Glad it worked out. Should have blown them out, though.

People will stop being surprised Walton is not a great rebounder at some point. I hope. That’s just not his game and I am not sure how that would change at this point in his career. He contributes in a lot of other ways.

At this point I do not think people will ever stop being surprised that dumb heat of the moment emotional comments will be posted on the game thread.

Got home after VTavern stop postgame(ate beside Coach AK and Marsh)to see how the hot takes went and dang some of you never disappoint. Carter couldn’t hit water falling out of a boat but damn he played a very good game. Jake and ManMan played 45 mins each and Dallas says you can apologize anytime you feel like it. Oh and Zay can shoot.

I may have missed this, but do we know why Hildreth only played 4 minutes today? Seemed like his minutes would go up with Williamson out.

Also, how can the Boeheim brothers be so different in foul shooting? Buddy is 89% while Jimmy is 54%- that seems weird.

I may have missed this, but do we know why Hildreth only played 4 minutes today? Seemed like his minutes would go up with Williamson out.

Also, how can the Boeheim brothers be so different in foul shooting? Buddy is 89% while Jimmy is 54%- that seems weird.

Because he played poorly in the first half.

Hildreth can’t shoot. Until he learns to shoot, he won’t be an ACC player. Good size, hustle and intangibles, but he can’t score inside in ACC and has to be able to shoot competently from the perimeter. He was useless against the zone today. He and Whitt can’t play together the way Whitt is shooting it now.

To be fair, those clutch blocks in OT were SOFT.

Williams at 23/12/4. Absolutely huge. Everybody playing a lot of minutes. Cam hasn’t come back in since the 1st half.

Recency bias

Bad FT night's happen, if we only had DM back we would have won by 10 in reg.

PWSD. Post Wellman Stress Disorder.

We’re conditioned to always accept defeat and never believe good things can happen.

I've got a bad case of the wellies but Forbes just may cure me!

Zay 4-14 from three.

Too much chuckin' today.

it's tough because those four were as important as any shot in the first half, but yea he's gotta learn when to call it a day... he must have shot at least 0/5 from 3 in the 2nd half

Back