• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 16: Cuse Is In The House - Saturday 2 pm - Bally Sports

Hah, this thread is hilarious to read afterwards. Apparently we lost and Walton sucks when we actually won and Walton was a fucking stud in crunch time. Even for a message board, some of y’all’s takes were just turrible

RE the thread meltdown. If anyone legitimately thought we were going to win during this sequence, I don't believe you.

- 1:22 left, Mucius missed 3 early in the shot clock when WF was up 67-66.
- Boeheim 3-point play, S 69-WF 67
- WF turnover
- Syracuse had the ball up 2 with 30 seconds, we got a stop
- WF turnover, again
- LaRavia fouled them with 11 seconds left
- Cuse inbounds play at 11 seconds up 2 points. The scramble for the ball was extremely close to not being WF ball

Actually getting to OT after that stretch of play is wild. Williams said **** it and threw another dime to Walton.

Thinking we're going to win, maybe not. Thinking we still had a solid chance to win, definitely.

The defeatist attitude of jumping the gun on a loss to get a head start on bashing the team is, I guess, understandable given the past decade. But it must suck to watch this team and still live in that mindset.

I see what you’re saying, DC. But you were one of the biggest apologists for [Redacted] and Manning so ot sucks to see you act holier than thou.

We were down 2 points with 11 seconds left and going to foul a team and make them take their first 1 and 1 free throws of the half.( turns out we forged a turnover) Also we have one of the best offensive players in all of college basketball. Teams win in that situation all the team. At worst, it will be an interesting 11 seconds and some of y’all are just so defeatist that it makes me laugh.

Thinking we're going to win, maybe not. Thinking we still had a solid chance to win, definitely.

The defeatist attitude of jumping the gun on a loss to get a head start on bashing the team is, I guess, understandable given the past decade. But it must suck to watch this team and still live in that mindset.

The people watching the game ‘bashing the team’ are watching because they give a shit. Get off your high horse. We shit the bed down the stretch and still figured out a way to win. It sure felt like a bad loss coming when Mucius stepped OOB. Really proud of the guys gutting it out. Nice to care again!

Also, I’ve had DC on ignore for years. Now I remember why.

Last, very bold prediction…Wake wins the ACCT this year if we get Monsanto back next month. All we are missing is a pure sharp shooter. Our ball movement creates so many good open looks.

Ah sorry, I forgot how a 2 point lead is an insurmountable obstacle we all should have been united in our shitting on the team and pre-calling the loss for. Totally justified to call out Walton and Carter relentlessly, call the team the dumbest team in college basketball, or any of the other gems during that thread. Which I only read in review after watching the win without following the thread in real time.

Feel free to put positive posters on ignore so all you can read are the folks that wanted to talk about how Forbes did a horrible job coaching this game. I'll be fine actually enjoying watching this team and not apologizing when I don't write them off down 2 with 11 seconds left like this message board demands. Lol.

Maybe Duke will kill us and you guys can get back to hating.

You lecturing anyone about being holier than thou is absolutely hilarious.

I mean…I’m holier than a dude who shilled for [Redacted].

I’ve never been into the better fan nonsense. I have a pretty good track record of being critical of the program when things are headed the wrong way. I’m not trying to impress anybody with how much I can stick with the AD talking points.

ManMan is one of my all-time favorite Deacons. I love it when he does these post-games. Really likable dude.

ManMan is one of my all-time favorite Deacons. I love it when he does these post-games. Really likable dude.

Yep. Too bad it will last only one year. Kind of like JC, except he was kept on the bench for a year to keep him from being discovered. But even if Alondes were a freshman or sophomore, he would be headed to the NBA after one year. So glad I got to enjoy the vintage ACC where players stayed for 3 or 4 years.

Forbes putting players in position to make plays and letting them do it.

Forbes is the man and we got a great home win. So happy, I could be there and irritate the old people in front of me!!!

We were down 2 points with 11 seconds left and going to foul a team and make them take their first 1 and 1 free throws of the half.( turns out we forged a turnover) Also we have one of the best offensive players in all of college basketball. Teams win in that situation all the team. At worst, it will be an interesting 11 seconds and some of y’all are just so defeatist that it makes me laugh.

I don’t think this is true. I could be wrong but I would guess that a teams percentage of losing down 2 with the other team on the line with 11 secs left is much higher than the chances of them winning.

Ah sorry, I forgot how a 2 point lead is an insurmountable obstacle we all should have been united in our shitting on the team and pre-calling the loss for. Totally justified to call out Walton and Carter relentlessly, call the team the dumbest team in college basketball, or any of the other gems during that thread. Which I only read in review after watching the win without following the thread in real time.

Feel free to put positive posters on ignore so all you can read are the folks that wanted to talk about how Forbes did a horrible job coaching this game. I'll be fine actually enjoying watching this team and not apologizing when I don't write them off down 2 with 11 seconds left like this message board demands. Lol.

Maybe Duke will kill us and you guys can get back to hating.

You’re not a positive poster. You’re an idiot who carried Bzzzz’s and Manning’s water for years and shit on anyone who didn’t blindly support them and Wellman. Get fucked

Back