• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MBB Game 16: Cuse Is In The House - Saturday 2 pm - Bally Sports

Huge props for Walton, that was a monster game when the team needed it bad

Not pretty but gutty performance by many. Wish Hildreth could do more but Whitt stepped up big time with assists and rebounds. Could be a huge mo builder.

Can breathe again. That was a big win. I'm biased, but thought we were clearly the better team. Can't lose those games at home so all credit to Forbes and the guys on gutting it out.

unknown.png

whew! really great, tough defense over the last 30 minutes of the game (especially walton and WHITT) to make up for some shoddy offensive play. some announcer would say thats what good teams do.

Should have won by 10 or more. Hopefully, we can get Williamson back for Duke. Be nice to also have Monsanto available against the Dukies.

Basketball is fun again. Boeheim is still a huge dick tho.

Missed Williamson against their zone.
Really could have sealed it up earlier by making some free throws.
But, some how we found a way.
Love watching this style of play. If I were a player I'd want to play for Forbes

I need to remember to turn off my Wake alerts. They just spoil the last few seconds of these games.

Wonder if that dude in the sweater is the poster whose daughter is really into Wake hoops.

Massive win. 3-2 in the ACC. Only losses on the road to the 4-0 teams.

Badly needed with Duke at home and then away at uva. Considering how Jake and Mucius were largely non factors in 2nd half makes it that much more amazing and we got outrebiunded, lost TO battle and bad from FT line but still pulled it out. After starting 4-4 from the 3 the Cuse were 4 of 25 rest of game or 16%. That’s pretty amazing and diff. In game.

Wasn’t even near perfect, but I think players that we need to come around are coming around - Walton, Sy, Whitt. Very pleased with the tough defense in OT. We saw effective plays around the basket. They did not quit. And most impressive, these guys play unselfishly and clearly support and like each other. That’s an asset that doesn’t appear in the statistic lines, but it’s an important one. So different from the teams of the last decade.

Badly needed with Duke at home and then away at uva. Considering how Jake and Mucius were largely non factors in 2nd half makes it that much more amazing and we got outrebiunded, lost TO battle and bad from FT line but still pulled it out. After starting 4-4 from the 3 the Cuse were 4 of 25 rest of game or 16%. That’s pretty amazing and diff. In game.

We need to at least split the next 2. UVA is on the road, but they are not good.

Syracuse shot 28% from 3 (8-29). Should have been a much easier win, but happy with the W.

After a decade away, two observations.

I can't believe Ted Valentine is still being allowed to officiate.

Next practice everyone makes 10 FT's in a row before they think about seeing the shower.

Gutsy win. Would have been a bad loss for many reasons.

Mucius needs to shoot when he’s open but he also has way too many heat check moments. And Carter played well overall, but he has to be able to hit open shots. Just has to. He also got into the lane many times and could have put up a floater and instead kicked it to a corner man. I think he needs to shoot more in the lane so he can get some confidence going and I think Forbes is going to tell him to shoot those.

Huge props to Dallas and Alondes. They really stepped up in crunch time. Go Deacs!!!!!

Back